Favorite Christmas Music

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That time of the year.
One of my favorite Christmas CDs is James Brown's Funky Christmas.
One of the better tracks.
The Godfather of Soul bringing it.
"Hit it!"

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i got a chance to sing this piece as part of a large combined choir and orchestra at the peachtree presbyterian christmas concert a few years back.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
On the more traditional end of the spectrum:
i noticed that this was recorded right down the road from me at clayton state's spivey hall. that is a great venue for live music and they have a great pipe organ and the acoustics of the hall are awesome.

spivey hall

From the beginning, Spivey Hall was conceived to be one of the finest acoustical environments in the world. The acoustical engineer responsible for the project was the renowned Rein Pirn of in Boston's Acentech. Mr. Pirn skillfully created a technically-advanced acoustical design which ensures that the full range of sound is reflected to each seat from all points on the stage. Each of the surfaces within the hall is solid, ensuring the maximum amount of reverberation time. Utilizing the hall's seven movable acoustical curtains, the reverberation can be adjusted to ideally accommodate each performance genre. Closed or partially closed curtains lead to a dryer environment which is suited for a vocal or instrumental soloist, chamber ensemble, and choir. Fully opened, the curtains produce a reverberation that is comparable to a cathedral, which complements our Fratelli Ruffatti pipe organ.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I saw this when it first aired on TV. Was by myself in my bedroom and will never forget the emotions I felt the rest of that evening - just from this performance. Many moons ago but still holds a place in my heart for sentimental reasons.

Bing passed away before the program even aired, from what I understand.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.