Video: Going in Depth on Tua’s Injury

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So, we were correct about the procedure that he underwent. It is a shame that this information was not made public before the Heisman votes were cast.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
Percentage wise, what is the over under that sports talking heads will still say Tua is recovering from the ankle injury he suffered in the 4th qtr? I predict if qtr is given in story, 80% will say 4th.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
We don’t pay Jeff Allen enough. I met him one time. One of the nicest guys I’ve ever met from the program. Got us in the football building to see the then new ‘09 championship trophies and the heisman on display. There were several recruits coming through too. Got my first glimpse @ DJ Fluker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
So, we were correct about the procedure that he underwent. It is a shame that this information was not made public before the Heisman votes were cast.
I don't think the information would have changed the vote of the
Anybody but Bama crowd. Their minds were made up much earlier.
Now it falls to us to show those close minded voters how wrong they were.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Percentage wise, what is the over under that sports talking heads will still say Tua is recovering from the ankle injury he suffered in the 4th qtr? I predict if qtr is given in story, 80% will say 4th.
I was watching Scott Van Pelt on the late night SportsCenter the other night and they showed the play where Jonah Williams stepped on his ankle when talking about his surgery. I love SVP but I was really surprised that there's still that much misinformation out there about when the injury happened..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was watching Scott Van Pelt on the late night SportsCenter the other night and they showed the play where Jonah Williams stepped on his ankle when talking about his surgery. I love SVP but I was really surprised that there's still that much misinformation out there about when the injury happened..
That is why you have to get the message out fast, before people set their minds on a specific story line. I am not saying that they are getting it wrong on purpose now - I am saying that they see conflicting information now and ignore it because they see it as conflicting, not as corrective.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
That is why you have to get the message out fast, before people set their minds on a specific story line. I am not saying that they are getting it wrong on purpose now - I am saying that they see conflicting information now and ignore it because they see it as conflicting, not as corrective.
yeah i tend to agree with you. The voters had no idea tua was significantly injured that whole game, and he still garnered more points than any non winner ever. it was a lot closer than people around here are acting like. that info could have changed it.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Almost certain the same or very similar. It does appear that Hurts was probably a bit worse, with more ligament damage, and he's already almost back to full speed...
I have absolutely no information on the medical prognosis. Even if I did, I wouldn't understand it. But based on his performance against UGA, I think Hurts will be 100% by 12/29.

Tua is another story. He hasn't been truly right since the Arkansas game. And the myriad knee and ankle sprains have clearly affected his passing accuracy.

So I'm conflicted here. On the one hand, Jalen was clearly not ready to play effectively from when he incurred the injury against UTe, until Auburn, and really the SECCG. On the other, Jonah Williams said that pretty much every player on the team had had the procedure, and I remember Cam Robinson coming back in two weeks.

Now, OL isn't QB. So I'm not questioning anybody's strength or threshold of pain or anything else. I'm just saying that different people have differing degrees of the same injury, and that different people respond to the exact same treatment in different ways. The combination of the two makes it impossible for anyone without first-hand knowledge of the specific situation to make predictions.

I'm cautiously optimistic. But is Tua at 85-90% better than Jalen at 100%? This time last year, I'd have said without hesitation, yes. Now, I'm no longer sure.

Jalen has improved a lot. If both are 100%, Tua wins. But given the circumstances we currently face, it's not an easy call either way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.