Question on the Unversity of Alabama and USN&WR rankings

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
While Listening to Kirby on the news talking about UGA and the rankings, I decided to see where UA was ranked in National Universities. I was shocked. Last I checked UA’s ranking I think it was #75 in 2012? Last years ranking has the University at #129. I realize there are growing pains associated with increasing the number of undergrads, but really what the heck happened. I know part of the USNWR score is exclusivity. And growing the student base probably hurts that score , but anything else cause the score to fall so low?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
While Listening to Kirby on the news talking about UGA and the rankings, I decided to see where UA was ranked in National Universities. I was shocked. Last I checked UA’s ranking I think it was #75 in 2012? Last years ranking has the University at #129. I realize there are growing pains associated with increasing the number of undergrads, but really what the heck happened. I know part of the USNWR score is exclusivity. And growing the student base probably hurts that score , but anything else cause the score to fall so low?
Where are you getting this rating? UGA is 13th among public schools, and that's admirable, but Bama is 61st, not 129th. Bama is 129th among all universities, including heavily endowed private schools like Harvard. In that classification, UGA is 43rd...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Interesting topic.

Prompted me to check my alma mater.

For the current year, UF is tied for 8th in Public Schools and tied for 35th in National Universities.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges

Makes me wonder what the rankings were when I graduated in '77. I feel very fortunate to have had the amazing group of professors I had back then in our department of Ornamental Horticulture. Just good timing I'm sure. I doubt things are as good now as it was when I went there, in that department, which has since had a very lame PC re-naming of Environmental Horticulture. :rolleye2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The law school ranks 27th among all law schools according to USNews. According to BusinessInsider, it ranks 3rd among public law schools. I also have a degree from NYU, which ranks consistently 6th.

LINK

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.