Link: 50 Years ago this morning

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Nice thread....thank you, Grandpa!

I was still living in Norfolk and we watched on our black and white set.

The crew....Frank Borman, Jim Lovell, and Bill Anders:

And Oct. 6, 2018
(left to right) Anders, Borman, and Lovell

Earth Rise (photographed on Dec. 24, 1968):

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I do not remember the launch but do remember the Christmas Eve transmission as the crew orbited the moon and their Christmas message beamed back to Earth. Truly great and brave Americans. Thanks tidegrandpa and bazz. Merry Christmas to both of you and your families.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I do not remember the launch but do remember the Christmas Eve transmission as the crew orbited the moon and their Christmas message beamed back to Earth. Truly great and brave Americans. Thanks tidegrandpa and bazz. Merry Christmas to both of you and your families.
To you as well, Gray. Appreciate the value you add to the forum. I always enjoy your comments. :)

tidegrandpa

All-American
Merry Christmas to you Gray, Bazza have a Corona Christmas and everybody here,Merry Christmas.

And on the 29th hell is coming with us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.