Places to watch the Orange Bowl in Dallas

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. We are visiting our daughter in Dallas next week, just need some recommendations. Is there a place where Bama fans congregate in the Big D?
Thanks.:biga2:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. We are visiting our daughter in Dallas next week, just need some recommendations. Is there a place where Bama fans congregate in the Big D?
Thanks.:biga2:
I am the President of the N Texas Alumni Chapter and we have 4 watch party locations:

Bonnie & Clyde's in Grapevine (Inside the DFW Lakes Hilton). It is our flagship location we've been there for about 15 years. Typically have about 150 folks of all ages.

RHBQ in Dallas. (It is on the NE corner of 75 & Walnut Hill Ln Near North Park Mall / Highland Park area) Great BBQ and Beer. Outdoor patio covered, heat/fans plenty of TV's including a 120". Typically 60-75 people, 30-65 age range.)

Woody's Sports Bar Restaurant, TX. It is new this year and typically has 30-40 people. Family friendly. Has a game arcade room that the GM sets to free play for us.

City Council Dallas. It is in the Uptown area. Younger crowd under 35 but, all are welcome. Typically have 200+.

Bonnie & Clyde's, RHBQ and Woody's have our Tide in Texas Merchandise available. Bonnie and Clyde's and Woody's also have raffle items. All raffles benefit our 3 scholarship funds for local DFW students attending The U of Alabama. The raffle items vary from t-shirts, hats, coolers, Daniel Moore Prints etc.

Lee Roy Jordan has been known to join us at the Watch Parties for the bigger games! He came to RHBQ for LSU and Bonnie & Clyde's for the AU game. I'm awaiting word if he will join us to watch the Orange Bowl.

For additional info visit:

http://www.tideintexas.com

Or, feel free to e-mail:

President.TideinTexas@gmail.com

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Me & Mrs. Snuffy will be on the way to visit my Mom out in West Texas. We made our plans to fly in to DFW, go to the Cotton Bowl, then drive to Midland. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans... Still flying in to Dallas and will see y’all at Bonnie & Clyde’s

ROLL TIDE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Be sure to check in at the merchandise table and introduce yourself! Several of our officers will be there! I’d suggest arriving a little early to get a good seat. (Maybe 30 minutes)

Me & Mrs. Snuffy will be on the way to visit my Mom out in West Texas. We made our plans to fly in to DFW, go to the Cotton Bowl, then drive to Midland. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans... Still flying in to Dallas and will see y’all at Bonnie & Clyde’s

ROLL TIDE!

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Be sure to check in at the merchandise table and introduce yourself! Several of our officers will be there! I’d suggest arriving a little early to get a good seat. (Maybe 30 minutes)
Will do Wylie - we are staying at the Hilton so an early arrival won’t be a problem. Looking forward to it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I am the President of the N Texas Alumni Chapter and we have 4 watch party locations:

Bonnie & Clyde's in Grapevine (Inside the DFW Lakes Hilton). It is our flagship location we've been there for about 15 years. Typically have about 150 folks of all ages.

RHBQ in Dallas. (It is on the NE corner of 75 & Walnut Hill Ln Near North Park Mall / Highland Park area) Great BBQ and Beer. Outdoor patio covered, heat/fans plenty of TV's including a 120". Typically 60-75 people, 30-65 age range.)

Woody's Sports Bar Restaurant, TX. It is new this year and typically has 30-40 people. Family friendly. Has a game arcade room that the GM sets to free play for us.

City Council Dallas. It is in the Uptown area. Younger crowd under 35 but, all are welcome. Typically have 200+.

Bonnie & Clyde's, RHBQ and Woody's have our Tide in Texas Merchandise available. Bonnie and Clyde's and Woody's also have raffle items. All raffles benefit our 3 scholarship funds for local DFW students attending The U of Alabama. The raffle items vary from t-shirts, hats, coolers, Daniel Moore Prints etc.

Lee Roy Jordan has been known to join us at the Watch Parties for the bigger games! He came to RHBQ for LSU and Bonnie & Clyde's for the AU game. I'm awaiting word if he will join us to watch the Orange Bowl.

Or, feel free to e-mail:

You mean....I could meet Lee Roy Jordan?????

:)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Or, feel free to e-mail:

I've got a very good friend whose dad used to be Mayor in Dallas who knows Leroy Jordan. We all went to lunch together a couple of years ago. Two things: Leroy is as nice and friendly as you could imagine and he is incredibly average size considering his football accomplishments.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
You mean....I could meet Lee Roy Jordan?????

:)
He is VERY approachable at the watch parties. He is one of the nicest guys you will meet. At the LSU game he left at halftime but, before he did he stopped by every table and shook hands, thanked everyone for supporting his scholarship fund. You would have thought he was running for office. (I was carry a big box of books that weighed about 40 pounds and he kindly reminded me not to drop it about 5 times.)

His wife Biddie joined him when he watched the Auburn game with us. She is a treasure as well. My uncle who played with Lee Roy at BAMA and Jack Broyles, son of Frank Broyles joined their table and they had a lot of great stories about their time playing for Coach Bryant. He worked the room that day too. I was smart and left the box of books near the exit!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Will do Wylie - we are staying at the Hilton so an early arrival won’t be a problem. Looking forward to it.

Folks will start arriving 2 hours early. They will have BAMA shakers out on the tables, BAMA stuff up and one half of the restaurant blocked off probably about 3PM. I stopped by at 3PM the day of the LSU game and they had just done all that. A LSU guy came in about 4:00 to watch the game and they basically told him they wanted no trouble and he’d have to sit on the other side. I talked to him, great guy and I told the manager he was fine to join everyone. I left to go meet Lee Roy at another watch party but, was told after the game the LSU guy had about 5 buddies join him and we had them saying “Roll Tide” by the end of the game. They also bought about $100 of raffle tickets which support the scholarship funds.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Folks will start arriving 2 hours early. They will have BAMA shakers out on the tables, BAMA stuff up and one half of the restaurant blocked off probably about 3PM. I stopped by at 3PM the day of the LSU game and they had just done all that. A LSU guy came in about 4:00 to watch the game and they basically told him they wanted no trouble and he’d have to sit on the other side. I talked to him, great guy and I told the manager he was fine to join everyone. I left to go meet Lee Roy at another watch party but, was told after the game the LSU guy had about 5 buddies join him and we had them saying “Roll Tide” by the end of the game. They also bought about $100 of raffle tickets which support the scholarship funds.
That’s a great story; how it ought to be, and not just in football. #Wylie2020

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
That’s a great story; how it ought to be, and not just in football. #Wylie2020

Heck no! I actually ran for City Council about 13 years ago. About the dumbest idea ever! (And I’ve had some really dumb ideas! )

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
... I stopped by at 3PM the day of the LSU game and they had just done all that. A LSU guy came in about 4:00 to watch the game and they basically told him they wanted no trouble and he’d have to sit on the other side. I talked to him, great guy and I told the manager he was fine to join everyone. I left to go meet Lee Roy at another watch party but, was told after the game the LSU guy had about 5 buddies join him and we had them saying “Roll Tide” by the end of the game. They also bought about $100 of raffle tickets which support the scholarship funds.
Love this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Will Tide fans be gathering there for the FIRST game that day?
Folks start arriving at Bonnie & Clyde’s 2+ hours before kickoff. Would not surprise me if we had 20-30 folks or more show up to watch the 1st game too. I was about 4 hours early for the LSU game and we had folks already there when I arrived.

I’d be less inclined to say folks will be at the other locations for the start of the 1st game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.