Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes lobectomy for lung cancer

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Probably won't be as pathetic as McConnell not allowing Obama to fill the vacant seat during his last term.

Maybe she would have retired long ago if she saw that Congress would do their jobs..
Well you can thank the Joe Biden rule for that.

Well I’m surprised that she didn’t retire and let Obama replace her seat but that’s on her. She may still be in the bench until she is 95.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
They will probably find out when he was 11 years old, he pulled the pigtails of a girl and pushed her down. They will note his history of abuse of women and we will have to endure months and months of trials and media stories. He will not be confirmed. The next guy we will discover he passed gas and pulled the covers over his wife's head when he was 20.

As far as Ginsburg goes, I wish her well. I do feel that a supreme court justice should not be a lifetime appointment. At some point you are just too old to do the job. I am old enough to remember when Thurgood Marshall retired. When asked why he was retiring, his reply was "I am old".
As I have said many times before, every branch of government should have a minimum and maximum age. As for president, congress and the Supreme Court it should 35-72.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
As I have said many times before, every branch of government should have a minimum and maximum age. As for president, congress and the Supreme Court it should 35-72.
Exactly. Sometimes you just have to accept you are too old to do the job. Now certain head football coaches should be allowed to coach as long as they want.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Exactly. Sometimes you just have to accept you are too old to do the job. Now certain head football coaches should be allowed to coach as long as they want.
I hope she does not feel too old to do the job until after Trump no longer has nomination powers.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hope she does not feel too old to do the job until after Trump no longer has nomination powers.
I bet she was counting on a Clinton victory and now has to hang on and hope Trump loses in 2020.

Conservatives could get a death grip on the high court if Trump is re-elected. I was thinking about this yesterday and looked up the current court and their ages.

Clinton appointees
Ginsberg 85
Breyer 80

Bush41 appointee
Thomas 70

Bush 43 appointees
Alito 68
Roberts 63

Obama appointees
Sotomayor 64
Kagan 58

Trump appointees
Kavanaugh 53
Gorsuch 51

I’m not one that usually thinks about the SCOTUS in an election, but it will be a big issue in 2020. I am sure Ginsberg and Breyer will hang on as long as they can, but there comes a point where you have to throw in the towel. Can you imagine a Supreme Court with four Trump judges on it? Or more if Thomas decides 30 years on the job is enough for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I bet she was counting on a Clinton victory and now has to hang on and hope Trump loses in 2020.

Conservatives could get a death grip on the high court if Trump is re-elected. I’m not one that usually thinks about the SCOTUS in an election, but it will be a big issue in 2020. I am sure Ginsberg and Breyer will hang on as long as they can, but there comes a point where you have to throw in the towel. Can you imagine a Supreme Court with four Trump judges on it? Or more if Thomas decides 30 years on the job is enough for him?
Supreme Court declines to review rulings that blocked efforts to end Planned Parenthood funding

The Supreme Court declined Monday to review lower-court decisions that blocked state efforts to cut off public funding for Planned Parenthood, a move that suggests a majority of the court may be steering clear of controversial issues — at least for now. New Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh did not join the court’s three most conservative members in calling to accept the cases.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
Actually it's Joe Biden and Harry Reid that are pathetic. McConnell was only following precedent set by then Vice President Joe Biden. See the Democrats like to change the rules as they go to suit themselves, then accuse Republicans of using dirty tricks when they are only playing by the rules made by Dems. Case in point is Harry Reid changing the confirmation process in the Senate from 2/3 majority to a simple majority. This was done because Obama's picks for Judges would never survive a 2/3 majority vote because of how far left they were. These are the judges challenging all of Trump's executive actions. Paying Obama back for their jobs.

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Actually it's Joe Biden and Harry Reid that are pathetic. McConnell was only following precedent set by then Vice President Joe Biden. See the Democrats like to change the rules as they go to suit themselves, then accuse Republicans of using dirty tricks when they are only playing by the rules made by Dems. Case in point is Harry Reid changing the confirmation process in the Senate from 2/3 majority to a simple majority. This was done because Obama's picks for Judges would never survive a 2/3 majority vote because of how far left they were. These are the judges challenging all of Trump's executive actions. Paying Obama back for their jobs.
Oh bless your heart.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Not much of an update, but it sounds like post-op is going well. LINK

"Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required," said court spokesperson Kathleen Arberg.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My sister was dxed with lung cancer in the mid-70s, at 50 and lived 15 more years. She had two lobes of her left lung removed. She didn't even stop smoking immediately...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.