Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes lobectomy for lung cancer - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes lobectomy for lung cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I bet she was counting on a Clinton victory and now has to hang on and hope Trump loses in 2020.

Conservatives could get a death grip on the high court if Trump is re-elected. I’m not one that usually thinks about the SCOTUS in an election, but it will be a big issue in 2020. I am sure Ginsberg and Breyer will hang on as long as they can, but there comes a point where you have to throw in the towel. Can you imagine a Supreme Court with four Trump judges on it? Or more if Thomas decides 30 years on the job is enough for him?
    Supreme Court declines to review rulings that blocked efforts to end Planned Parenthood funding

The Supreme Court declined Monday to review lower-court decisions that blocked state efforts to cut off public funding for Planned Parenthood, a move that suggests a majority of the court may be steering clear of controversial issues — at least for now. New Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh did not join the court’s three most conservative members in calling to accept the cases.

BamaNation First Team

Actually it's Joe Biden and Harry Reid that are pathetic. McConnell was only following precedent set by then Vice President Joe Biden. See the Democrats like to change the rules as they go to suit themselves, then accuse Republicans of using dirty tricks when they are only playing by the rules made by Dems. Case in point is Harry Reid changing the confirmation process in the Senate from 2/3 majority to a simple majority. This was done because Obama's picks for Judges would never survive a 2/3 majority vote because of how far left they were. These are the judges challenging all of Trump's executive actions. Paying Obama back for their jobs.
    Last edited by Valley View; December 29th, 2018 at 05:19 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valley View View Post
    Actually it's Joe Biden and Harry Reid that are pathetic. McConnell was only following precedent set by then Vice President Joe Biden. See the Democrats like to change the rules as they go to suit themselves, then accuse Republicans of using dirty tricks when they are only playing by the rules made by Dems. Case in point is Harry Reid changing the confirmation process in the Senate from 2/3 majority to a simple majority. This was done because Obama's picks for Judges would never survive a 2/3 majority vote because of how far left they were. These are the judges challenging all of Trump's executive actions. Paying Obama back for their jobs.
    Oh bless your heart.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Not much of an update, but it sounds like post-op is going well. LINK

"Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required," said court spokesperson Kathleen Arberg.

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Oh bless your heart.
    And his tribe he loves...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Not much of an update, but it sounds like post-op is going well. LINK
    She is an iron man, um, "person"...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Cancer sucks!

My sister was dxed with lung cancer in the mid-70s, at 50 and lived 15 more years. She had two lobes of her left lung removed. She didn't even stop smoking immediately...