Is Taulia our future starter post Tua?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The way Coach Saban handled the QB situation this season is incredible. I don't know of anytime in history that a coach has had to deal with the circumstances Saban faced. To question or criticize him at this point is borderline insane.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My money is on Jones in 2020.

He will be a fourth-year Junior, competing against a pair of redshirt freshmen. From the HS videos, I don't see either Taulia or Tyson being talented enough to overcome a gap of three years' experience.
I agree - I think that he stays and wins the job in 2020. My Magic 8 Ball told me. :biggrin2:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
To answer the OP, nobody knows. Not the players, not the coaches, and least of all we fans.

If I could predict the future to the point that I knew who Alabama's starting QB would be in September of 2020, Warren Buffet and Bill Gates would have me on their speed dial.

They don't have me on their speed dial.

Unless the profile of this board is significantly different from what I think it is, they don't have any other TF poster either.

September of 2020 is 22 months into the future. 27 months into the past, Jalen Hurts had not yet started a game.

27 months ago, could anybody have predicted that arc of precocious performance, consistent success called into question only by a lifetime performance from a QB that should have won the Heisman, followed by struggles and eventual downfall, followed by redemption on the self-same stage where the downfall became public?

It really is Shakespearian.

My money is on Jones in 2020.

He will be a fourth-year Junior, competing against a pair of redshirt freshmen. From the HS videos, I don't see either Taulia or Tyson being talented enough to overcome a gap of three years' experience.
Best analysis yet...not sure about Jones staying...but you are pretty much on target.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.