Marquis Hollywood Browns’ status?

Sevenmm

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2018
Re: Marquis Hollywood Browns’ status?

Brown is expected to play provided he doesn't aggravate the leg before the game, much like Tua. The larger issue is Kyler Murray is sick, no official word, but likely the flu, same as Baker had last year against Ga. No excuses does not allow making that a reason for anything but in fact, of course it is; as well as Baker played against Ga. it didn't appear to those who didn't watch him regularly anything was wrong but it was, he was only about 75% in that game; I'm hoping of course Kyler does better and is not as sick; seems more than coincidence the two starting QBs for OU both get sick 3 days before the game; but I know last year, Ga had players that were getting sick also as well as other Oklahoma players; tis the season after all.
I hope the best team does not win Saturday night, wow can't believe it's this close already; were I bama I would sure get after the sports writers about them playing Clemson again; maybe so, but really best to wait........and see

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

'Cutting' can be a problem for Brown, just as it is for Tua.
Will Brown lose a step because of his injury? I doubt it.

Tua's cutting will be a problem, just as he has been affected when planting his foot for a pass. (This question may be a 'Wash' for either or both players.)
Brown will depend on his ankle running routes a lot more than Tua will. Tua can play on a gimpy ankle (with questionable success); Brown can’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Brown will depend on his ankle running routes a lot more than Tua will. Tua can play on a gimpy ankle (with questionable success); Brown can’t.

Tua would feel it and maybe have the same problem he had at the end of the year.
You can't throw well if you can't plant your foot with confidence.
Tua still ran some against Georgia. but his passing was affected by the bum ankle.

Here's hoping Tua has a better foot plant for passing than he had for the last few games.
Here's hoping Tua limits his running, gets what he can get and get down on the ground w/o becoming a target.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Tua would feel it and maybe have the same problem he had at the end of the year.
You can't throw well if you can't plant your foot with confidence.
Tua still ran some against Georgia. but his passing was affected by the bum ankle.

Here's hoping Tua has a better foot plant for passing than he had for the last few games.
Here's hoping Tua limits his running, gets what he can get and get down on the ground w/o becoming a target.
Not saying Tua won’t potentially have issues; just saying they will be more potentially serious for Brown.
He runs like a rabbit anyway and all those cuts will put more stress on him than Tua will put on his passing. I don’t see (hopefully) Tua running much if at all, unless he has to.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The media said he was limping around seriously at the media event yesterday and has been nowhere near full speed at any practice. Personally I wish both teams were at 100% but that isn’t realistic after 13 games at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.