Your favorite podcasts...

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
The last few years, I've really enjoyed podcasts as a way to kill off time where I'm not doing anything - particularly when I'm driving to/from work. Some of my favorites are the Bundesliga Diaries, Exploring My Strange Bible, BBC Football Daily, Hillsdale Dialogues, Matt Lewis and the News, Reckon Radio, Revisionist History, Church Politics, The History of England, and the Tim Kawakami Show.

What about y'all? I've been searching for a British politics podcast that'll still reference the history of the British politics, but haven't come across one that I like.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The last few years, I've really enjoyed podcasts as a way to kill off time where I'm not doing anything - particularly when I'm driving to/from work. Some of my favorites are the Bundesliga Diaries, Exploring My Strange Bible, BBC Football Daily, Hillsdale Dialogues, Matt Lewis and the News, Reckon Radio, Revisionist History, Church Politics, The History of England, and the Tim Kawakami Show.

What about y'all? I've been searching for a British politics podcast that'll still reference the history of the British politics, but haven't come across one that I like.
I also like Revisionist History though the episode on CTE/Football has made it harder to enjoy college football.

For me the regular rotation has How Did This Get Made which can be incredibly funny. I like Pod Save America when there is big Political stories, which tends to be all the time now. Same for Lovett or Leave It. Started listening to Small Town Dicks run by Yeardly Smith (Lisa Simpson actress) and another actress named Zibby something, they talk with twin brothers that are detectives in a small town somewhere covering interesting cases. Best two episodes involve Smith's stalker case and a case where Zibby nearly got abducted in LA. S Town is great for us with connections to Alabama, very interesting story

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I enjoy Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast and the Joe Rogan Experience just for that 'everyman' kind of comedic entertainment.

The other ones I listen to are really small niche podcasts that revolve around my various hobbies.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I really enjoy RadioLab(especially the older episodes), 99% Invisible and Planet Money. But man there are so many that I like.

FiveThirtyEight's political podcast is solid too and I prefer it over PodSaveAmerica for the most part. Though I don't listen often anymore.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
For pure history written in a witty and accessible manner, I love Mike Duncan's History of Rome podcast. Duncan is funny, reliable, comprehensive. He is now doing Revolutions (e.g. American, French, Haitian, Russian, etc.)
For Russian stuff, I listen to CEPA's Power Vertical Podcast by Brian Whitmore and CSIS's Russian Roulette with Olga Oliker and Jeffrey Mankoff. It is a bit "wonky."

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
On my regular rotation-

Comedy- How Did This Get Made & Comedy Bang! Bang!

Comedy/Movie Trivia- Doug Loves Movies

True Crime- Serial & Undisclosed

History/Myth/Spooky- Lore

Discussions/Interviews- Armchair Expert with Dax Shephard/ID10T

Politics- Listen to Stay Tuned with Preet from time to time. Has some interesting guests.

The one off S-Town that Jon mentioned was really interesting.

How Did This Get Made & Doug Loves Movies are the two that I pretty much listen to every single episode.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Two short ones I like:

Retropod-A daily look at some aspect of American history.

Daily 202-A quick look at a few stories making news in Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.