Three Clemson Players Fail Drug Tests

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Do we know if the B samples tested clean or dirty yet?
Dabo said Wed/Thur they hoped to know.
They were notified last Thur. I read the NCAA rules posted on another board. (Paraphrasing here) The school has 72 hours to notify the lab if they wish to have representation there ( I assume that’s a yes). Then the B sample is supposed to be tested within 72 hours I believe.
Considering the holidays, if my math is right, I would expect tomorrow be the day. Someone is sure to notice if DL isn’t taking first team reps at practice tomorrow.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I said things that they need, as in things that their bodies require, meeting the developmental needs of their bodies. 100% provided. Everything. Your list does not include a single thing that one of these players needs given what they are provided. They might want to take short cuts, but that is on them. No sympathy.
There is no food that provides alot of creatine other than a creatine supplement. Creatine was awesome for me (a skinny guy that has problem gaining weight).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is no food that provides alot of creatine other than a creatine supplement. Creatine was awesome for me (a skinny guy that has problem gaining weight).
If you are taking a lot, almost all is excreted as waste. You do not need supplements unless you cannot afford to eat properly. It absolutely works, but it is not necessary.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i'd be shocked as well. creatine is one of the most widely taken supplements to aid with workouts. and of course you have several different types besides just pure creapure creatine

Fair enough. However, every program has a list of these supplements that are allowed, including specific brands that are known to be safe and where to buy them, that they distribute to the players.

I can't speak specifically to the current goings-on at Clemson, Alabama, or Ohio State but I'd be shocked if virtually every player at all three schools wasn't encouraged by the coaching staff to take some form of creatine this past summer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
So was it the 2nd or 3rd? Which one means he had no choice? May not want to guess here when you are so sure. Caine was suspended for breaking team rules, not a ped.
Per ESPN article Cain was sent home from cfp for failing a drug test. Per local papers & radio it was not his first failed test, but they never elaborated on whether it was his 2nd or 3rd. It was the kicker’s 3rd, and at least one of his involved cocaine.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
When I ran at Alabama in cross country and track, our sport-assigned trainers always gave us a list of NCAA-approved supplements and OTC medication, and always told us that if we went away from that list, then we would be in deep trouble with the NCAA should we get drug tested.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They are now saying that the B test results will not be back until next week, so these guys cannot play Saturday.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...ailed-drug-test-reaction-comments-notre-dame/

The players tested positive for a substance known as ostarine. They claim to not know what that is or how it got into their system. Clemson is standing behind the players, however, the test results are expected to keep them out for the game.
The players have been retested, but the results of those tests aren’t expected to return until Tuesday. Clemson and Notre Dame meet on Saturday.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Anyone else think that ND gets the win in this game? I originally thought that Clemson would win in a rout, but after examining the schedule Clemson played, I give the Irish a good chance in the game

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Anyone else think that ND gets the win in this game? I originally thought that Clemson would win in a route, but after examining the schedule Clemson played, I gave the Irish a good chance in the game
I kinda hope so, but doubt it.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Control what narrative?

If the B sample is negative nobody (public) would have known (and if so it wouldn’t matter).

Now the whole damned world knows. Which is stupid because now you get presumed guilty scenarios.
Perhaps all of this was the result of Sample B.

Represent it as Sample A, then give another test (later after your system is cleaned out) and represent it as the results of Sample B.

Then everybody is happy...:cool:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Anyone else think that ND gets the win in this game? I originally thought that Clemson would win in a route, but after examining the schedule Clemson played, I gave the Irish a good chance in the game
Idk. I'm reallllllly tempted to pick ND pull off the upset in that game but most of that comes from reservations about Clemson. ND is probably pretty easily the best team Clemson has faced this year and maybe Trevor Lawrence isn't ready for the big time just yet? Plus ND has some solid DBs.

And Clemson DOES have a vulnerable secondary. That said, I just can't buy into ND until I see it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I’m sure legal counsel is the only reason there is a “retest”. IMO, that means the B sample popped positive also.
I would be almost 100% sure that is not the reason. The courts are extremely reluctant to interfere with the internal operations of organizations like the NCAA. About the only approach which will work is the proposition that the organization didn't follow its own rules (or didn't have any). That is exactly the approach which worked to reduce Bama's penalties and won Dr. Jones a one million settlement. In a case like this, I can assure you they tested and retested those samples many times before the notices went out...

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I would be almost 100% sure that is not the reason. The courts are extremely reluctant to interfere with the internal operations of organizations like the NCAA. About the only approach which will work is the proposition that the organization didn't follow its own rules (or didn't have any). That is exactly the approach which worked to reduce Bama's penalties and won Dr. Jones a one million settlement. In a case like this, I can assure you they tested and retested those samples many times before the notices went out...
I don’t mean that they’ve created some legal action to force it. I’m saying that having a university lawyer apply a little pressure somewhere is what I think happened. Surely if something was filed in a court it would be known with a quickness.

As to the last part, I don’t know. I suppose it depends on the labs policy and contract with NCAA. These samples are just numbers to the lab techs. I have a coworker who went through the Coast Guard appeal process (I’m talking about a career altering situation for a Merchant Mariner). After the A sample was positive, he was notified and the B sample was tested about 48 hours later. When the B sample came back positive, he was fired immediately and removed from the vessel. His lawyer tried to have both samples retested. He was told the A sample was dumped as soon as the specimen was taken for testing. Only the B sample is kept for a retest in the case of the appeal.
Granted the NCAA and the labs it contracts may run differently, but that’s the USCG process.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.