Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Sooners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have to know where you are getting this from. 80?
With Tua as low as 80%, it does raise the question of whether or not Jalen should start with Tua in reserve. From what I've seen of OU, Jalen's RPO skills would wreak as much havoc as Tua's pinpoint passing. In fact, with them, the methodical, work the ball down the field might even be a better approach...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw this posted from Bill Connelly who is an analytics person for SB Nation.

Oklahoma's D is ranked 89th. Bama against similar defenses has scored:

57 points (#65 ranked D)
65 (#80)
58 (#96)
62 (#109)

Bama's O is ranked 2nd. OU against similar offenses has allowed:

56 (#6)
47 (#10)
46 (#25)

Floor for Bama's O: 46 points. Ceiling 65 points.

Bama's D is ranked 8th. OU against best defenses they faced scored:

52 points (#23 ranked D)
37 (#31)
39 (#55)
45 (#55)

OU's offense is ranked 1st. Bama against similar offenses has allowed:

28 (#3)
7 (#12)
10 (#15)
23 (#19)

Floor for OU's O 28 points. Ceiling 45.

Extrapolating these stats to the game Saturday would mean that OU needs to play their best game and Alabama their worst game for OU to have a chance. If both teams play to their average level of performance the final score would be something like 55-37 Alabama.

Have to admit this was somewhat hard to follow without the team names and just the rankings but it's pretty much in-line with most of the talk leading up to the game but kind of puts the thoughts and words into numerical form..

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Ultimately, it simply comes down to who has the better defense. I think we know who has the better defense.

Read Jess's article...:)

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
We just need a few stops. I agree if Tua is just 85 percent game time Jalen might be the better option. Really going to need Tua if we play Clemson.
That 80% to 85% was his own guess as to his progress. It wasn't anything official from CNS or Dr Cain. He may actually be at 95% or more. We just don't know. But as long as he can move the chains effectively, it doesn’t matter.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Tua won’t start if he’s only 80%. No matter what anyone thinks on the outside of CNS he’d never send any player out there if he thought they would be hurt worse. Honestly, I think Tua downplayed to the staff on just how bad his ankle was hurting in an effort to stay and try and help his team. Players want more than anything to compete. It is in no way a knock on Tua. It’s just a warrior mentality and it’s tough to admit that you might be hurting more than helping. That said, before he went down again he was figuring UGA out. I also think by Jalen’s selfless example this year it would be easier for Tua to step aside if he’s not at the level he needs to be for this game. Personally, I think he’s ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.