Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Sooners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Bama boy since the age of 5 or 6 beginning in the early 60's, I remember Coach Bryant describing his greatest teams as having a certain "one-ness." The image of team chemistry the Bama way sprinkled with a little Junction Boys might come close to what he was talking about. I definitely saw it in 2009 Bama, and I see it this year. I believe we steamroll anybody that gets in our way from here on out. Roll Tide!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had to LOL. Soonerknight came on TF and, with his first post, trolled Bama for scheduling a FCS school. He posted in ignorance of Saban's long-held public position in favor of a nine game conference schedule but, so long as Auburn schedules a FCS team the week before the Iron Bowl, then we will be forced to do the same. Anyway, he went crying to the Dirtburglar site, whining, and starting a thread entitled "Banned from Tidefans for asking..." He didn't get the reception he expected, at one point being accused of being a Bama fan trying to make OU look bad. I can't link it because of language allowed on that site, but it might be worth digging up... :D

Edit: He seemed to be too stupid to understand why his post was insulting and obnoxious and he hasn't gained any IQ points between his post here and his new thread... :)

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Crew for the game will be from the ACC. Inexplicable given two conferences are not in this tournament so we should easily be able to source completely independent crews. Even more head scratching given that the Cotton Bowl features an ACC team and a team with a strong ACC relationship.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Crew for the game will be from the ACC. Inexplicable given two conferences are not in this tournament so we should easily be able to source completely independent crews. Even more head scratching given that the Cotton Bowl features an ACC team and a team with a strong ACC relationship.
Makes absolutely no sense...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We better take care of our business because frankly I kinda smell a screw job being setup if it stays close.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Who is officiating the Cotton?

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Skip says OU has a 0% chance of beating Bama...... (Hell may have frozen over......we should check with NYBF and find out)
As long as Pat Dye doesn't say, "Oklahoma's not man enough to beat Alabama," then I think we're okay.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m here, I’m ready. Haven’t started drinking yet. I usually start when Earle opens the pregame thread!! But this is special, can’t wait to beat the Sooners!!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Bought ribeyes for everyone tonight. I'll make them tomorrow and have a nice Merlot I got for Christmas with them.

I hope Bama comes out and dominates both sides of the ball and has an uncharacteristically great day on special teams.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
Skip tweeted 7 hr ago OU prob wouldn't have Hollywood brown? Any truth to this or is he trolling our fan base? I thought he looked fine in practice but some are saying he had a noticeable limp

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I wasn't sure where to put this, and I'm not going to start a new thread, but my statistical model prediction shows:

Alabama 53
Oklahoma 34

(I think it will be a tiny bit close than that)

Clemson 35
Notre Dame 20

(ditto)

The Rose Bowl rates a toss-up, although some bad B1G performances (the conference not the esteemed poster) will push me towards Washington.

(The Huskies have a VERY good D, but their O is fair to middling).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.