Link: Ugh. Deonte Brown, others, suspended

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Will be a good teaching moment if it is PED related because the players ought to be going through the nutritionists for everything. AD is paying good money for a huge staff of trainers and nutritionists and the players should use them. Brown may have really hurt his pro future with this stuff.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Will be a good teaching moment if it is PED related because the players ought to be going through the nutritionists for everything. AD is paying good money for a huge staff of trainers and nutritionists and the players should use them. Brown may have really hurt his pro future with this stuff.
This is what is hard to understand. We put a ton of money, effort, research, etc. into providing all of our athletes the best that we currently know. There is no reason to run down to the mall, and buy some discount protein powder, at GNC. (Possibly from China, to make things worse.)

Incredibly stupid decisions.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Really hoping that this is not PED related as you will need Brown and James next year.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This is what is hard to understand. We put a ton of money, effort, research, etc. into providing all of our athletes the best that we currently know. There is no reason to run down to the mall, and buy some discount protein powder, at GNC. (Possibly from China, to make things worse.)

Incredibly stupid decisions.
. Snake Oil Salesmen are Snake Oil Salesmen! ‘Our product is a new amazing product that is legal and increase recovery in nano time. ‘. Young guys are impressionable and looking for an edge, easy to play into that!

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
If this is PED related, it is interesting how differently Saban and Dabo are handling it.

Dabo: Admit that it was PEDs, but say it had to be a mistake and our guys did nothing wrong.
Saban: Not admit that it was PEDs, but say these guys messed up and are paying the price.

This difference makes it sound like it is weed/improper benefits for our guys.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If this is PED related, it is interesting how differently Saban and Dabo are handling it.

Dabo: Admit that it was PEDs, but say it had to be a mistake and our guys did nothing wrong.
Saban: Not admit that it was PEDs, but say these guys messed up and are paying the price.

This difference makes it sound like it is weed/improper benefits for our guys.
No matter what happened, I prefer Saban's way of handling these things. It is an internal thing and these young men (and the school) have a right to a certain degree of privacy.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No matter what happened, I prefer Saban's way of handling these things. It is an internal thing and these young men (and the school) have a right to a certain degree of privacy.
You mean you don't like Dabo putting Dexter Lawrence out there today for Media Day? It's such a wise decision.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Crazy young men throwing away an opportunity to play and be a a part of Alabama. Heck the Clemson guys doing the same. Def sucks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wouldn't be surprised if all three guys are done here if the suspension is a significant part of next year. If we're talking 4 or more games then I'm pretty sure eligible players will get all the reps in practice and the suspended guys will be on scout team if they stay.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Hard to say..........Honestly, they should have thought before doing whatever it is they did
Since we preach to all of our players about the evils and dangers of PED's, I have to assume the players knew what they were doing, and thought they could get away with it.
Just because a salesman sez it will not show on a Drug Screen, does not make it so... That's if it's PED involved.
(I'm afraid PED is what the smart money would bet on)

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I wouldn't be surprised if all three guys are done here if the suspension is a significant part of next year. If we're talking 4 or more games then I'm pretty sure eligible players will get all the reps in practice and the suspended guys will be on scout team if they stay.
I’ve figured Baker was gone no matter what. He took a RS last year and has appeared in one game so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.