Game Thread: SERVPRO BOWL: Boise St. vs Boston College (12/26 12:30p CT | ESPN)

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Re: SERVPRO BOWL: Boise St. vs Boston College (12:30p CT | ESPN)

In 90 minutes they figured out that the smaller schools involved couldn't/didn't budget for extra days and food and the bowl game itself will lose even more money if the game is rescheduled and for sure there would be next to no one in the stands so they had no choice but to cancel.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

This is how much a bowl means. They canned the game due to lightning. Had this been a regular season game it would have only been delayed.
No, we are having a lot of lightning, and a ton of rain. Was fairly light, around lunch time, when it started. Still lots of lightning, and our yard is saturated.

I suppose they could have tried again, tomorrow. If there weren't a ton of folks coming here for some other game, in a few days. Might make holding hotel rooms a problem.

No, we are having a lot of lightning, and a ton of rain. Was fairly light, around lunch time, when it started. Still lots of lightning, and our yard is saturated.

I suppose they could have tried again, tomorrow. If there weren't a ton of folks coming here for some other game, in a few days. Might make holding hotel rooms a problem.
Thanks. I went and looked at the weather and it’s about to get rough over this way. I can see why cancelled it.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

No Politics involved here but just a statement of our society today: We are the safest country on earth with all our safety programs, like targeting for example. Now we move inside if there is a lightning strike within 50 miles or at least twenty-five miles. I think the distance varies from conference to conference. Anyhow, I was telling my wife that we have become so safe it is dangerous to go outside cause we could get blown up with bombs, shot and stabbed. I long for the good old days when we actually were safe. Rant over.

Last edited:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

“Like it never even happened “
LOL!

There was about a 3 second delay between reading this post and spitting coffee out all over the place laughing when it dawned on me of the irony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

It finally stopped raining around 4 AM. Lightning stopped around 9 PM or so.

Still, the whole thing was a bit surreal. The Cotton Bowl is no longer played in the Cotton Bowl. Some other bowl game is now played there. The Cotton Bowl is played in Jerruh World, which is in a different county. The City of Dallas owns the property the Cotton Bowl occupies. A lot of "sports journalists" blame one of the former Dallas mayors for not caving in to Jerruh, and letting their taxpayers pay for it. The truth is it was never going to be in Dallas city limits, as it made sense to have it halfway between Dallas and Ft. Worth. (Just like the old Texas Stadium.) Jerruh just played with the local politicos, to get the best deal out of the deal he wanted all along.

Kinda sorta like.........................if the map was redrawn, and Hoover (and let's make it real fun: throw in Mountain Brook) were suddenly in Shelby Co.

And someone wanted to build some sort of sports arena, in B'ham/JeffCo. You get the idea.

But, as usual, I digress. (I hope that guy who went to USA doesn't see this post!)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Didn't go back and get these tweets last night, but these are from sports media members in DFW yesterday:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1078046902598467587

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1078060509730140166

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1078049458326249473

Judging by Cuda's on the ground reporting, there was no way the game could have been played yesterday. With other factors at play, today would have been a struggle, too.

Did they cancel it too early? Possibly. But they also could have talked to meteorologists to get an idea of what was expected the rest of the day to see if they should even try to wait it out.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

UCF has declared itself the winner of the SERVPRO Bowl..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.