What will happen to Bama after Saban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trjtrjtrj

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 4, 2018
Let's assume Saban doesn't continue coaching at Bama forever. What do you think will happen in the first season and thereafter when he's not head coach?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Probably something similar to what happened when Saban left LSU. We get a coach who can win at least one and maybe two NCs based on what Saban has been built. From there, more than likely a slow decline from being in the playoff every year to every few years. I just don't see how another coach can sustain what Saban has done so I look for us to be in NC contention every few years rather than every year like we've been under Saban. Alabama will still be an elite program but just not as dominant as we've been under Saban. I could be wrong and we could get someone who sustains this but I'm not sure who that would be..

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Probably something similar to what happened when Saban left LSU. We get a coach who can win at least one and maybe two NCs based on what Saban has been built. From there, more than likely a slow decline from being in the playoff every year to every few years. I just don't see how another coach can sustain what Saban has done so I look for us to be in NC contention every few years rather than every year like we've been under Saban. Alabama will still be an elite program but just not as dominant as we've been under Saban. I could be wrong and we could get someone who sustains this but I'm not sure who that would be..
EVERY head coach at Alabama has won ten games at least once, right?

This inevitable coaching search will be much different I believe. I think there will be a few people interested in driving the tank Saban has built after he decides to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
This is basically how I see it going as well.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
This is basically how I see it going as well.
Perhaps the only thing I will add to it is that Saban will have some input more than likely which could be for better or worse. Let’s face it, nobody can replace Nick Saban. He has earned the right to have input but if I were the athletic director I would rather just chart my own course independently. We will see one day.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Dabo.

Take that to the bank. Won’t skip a beat.
I am not sold on Dabo as the next HC at Alabama, and quite frankly I am not sure he would want to take on the challenge. Coach Saban has built something that will be nearly impossible to sustain. I think we will continue to be an elite program, but I do not expect the run we have had to continue post Saban regardless who his replacement is. Needless to say the search to replace CNS will be interesting and will certainly draw an enormous amount of media attention and plane tracking.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
EVERY head coach at Alabama has won ten games at least once, right?

This inevitable coaching search will be much different I believe. I think there will be a few people interested in driving the tank Saban has built after he decides to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mike price didn't ;)

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
It's hard to imagine anyone else being able to keep up the level of excellence Coach Saban has attained and continues to maintain.

That said, he has put the foundation in place for the program to be successful for a long, long time. As long as the school continues to keep pace or exceed the level of spending on facilities, etc that other top schools are spending, the program will continue to be successful with the right coach in place.

As someone else mentioned earlier, all coaches since Bryant (that have actually coached a game --- looking at you Pappy Price!) have had at least one 10 win season; so, the history of success goes back a LONG time. Coach Saban has just taken it to another level.

Whomever is hired after Saban will not only have BIG shoes to fill; but will also be given the keys to a Ferrari of a program. At that point it's up to that coach - and the athletic department - to maintain this level of excellence as best he can.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Christopher Scott Petersen (born October 13, 1964) is an American football coach, currently head coach at the University of Washington.Annual salary‎: ‎$4.375 million
Overall‎: ‎139–32

Position(s)‎: ‎Quarterback
Conference‎: ‎Pac-12

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
It's finally game week and we are talking about what happens when Coach Saban leaves? Give me a break. I just hope that it is a long ways down this road we continue to travel.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Christopher Scott Petersen (born October 13, 1964) is an American football coach, currently head coach at the University of Washington.Annual salary‎: ‎$4.375 million
Overall‎: ‎139–32

Position(s)‎: ‎Quarterback
Conference‎: ‎Pac-12

He's pretty well inundated in the West Coast. At one point he had a special needs son who had to receive medical treatment from a facility / physician located on the West Coast which is why he never left Boise for some of the bigger jobs. Not sure if the situation with his son is still the same but I'd be really surprised if he'd even entertain an offer to come to any school in the south..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.