News Article: Quinnen Williams had an epiphany

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
“I can really set a tone for the team and really set a tone for the defense in general because I feel I run the defense,” Williams said Wednesday in Fort Lauderdale. “Like everybody looks up to me because I’m a super star or something like that. But I feel like if I do everything right, the defense will be. If I’m on, everybody’s on.”

This isn’t bluster. He didn’t say it like he was bragging.

“I think it was just last week in prep," Williams said. “Just me getting all the attention, the accolades and stuff. I can’t just use it for my benefits and my personal stuff. I have to really make sure everybody knows this is because of y’all. I’m in this seat now because of y’all.”

He went on to credit all the teammates who contributed to his rise on the national scene to be one of the best defensive players anywhere.

“So, I just let them know or I just make sure I keep doing my job and I don’t get complacent or I don’t get cocky,” Williams said, “and I don’t take all this stuff because of me and be selfish about it. This award is for the team. I’m not just the best defensive lineman in the country because of me. It’s for the team.”

“I want a shutout,” Williams said. “I want to shut them out. I don’t know what’s reasonable. I just want to shut them out. In my dominant characteristic, I want to shut them out. Any offense we go against -- Big 12, Pac-12, SEC, ACC -- the competitive defense we have, we want to shut everybody out. It might not happen, it might happen. But we’re going into the game playing to shut them out and playing to dominate. That’s anybody, anybody.”

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/12/quinnen-williams-had-an-epiphany-last-week.html

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hope he’s focused. Sounds like he has let the clutter in. The good news is, is that his decision making is simple and his reaction time is off the charts fast. So if anyone was going to be talking like that, I’m glad it’s him and not Mack or the secondary.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Hope he’s focused. Sounds like he has let the clutter in. The good news is, is that his decision making is simple and his reaction time is off the charts fast. So if anyone was going to be talking like that, I’m glad it’s him and not Mack or the secondary.
I don't know, kind of reads either way. Is realizing there is clutter actually letting the clutter in?

In another video he had to stop himself from saying something about Kyler Murray being overrated. He stopped himself, smiled, and went to the next question.

I want him focused and primed to destroy the interior. Our defense is ridiculously dominant when the pocket is warped from the interior and not from the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I like his confidence. No false modesty. Know you are the best player on the field and play like it. Micheal Jordan didn't have a modest bone in his body.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
He’s a top draft pick. I’m sure he is tired of hearing how great Kyler is. We will see, Kyler has been great against the Big12.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I actually like this attitude. He WANTS to prove that Murray is not as great as the media says. He is ANGRY that his teammate did not win the award. He is determined to prove the media wrong.
I think him and the defense as a whole are tired of the talk of Oklahoma's offense and are just ready to hit them hard. Love big 92s attitude. Roll Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.