Game Thread: MUSIC CITY BOWL: Auburn vs Purdue (12/28 @ 12:30pm CT | ESPN)

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Can we hold off the major criticisms of Jeff Brohm? Guy is in his second year at Purdue. The team is better than it was when he arrived, but it's still going to take awhile to get competitive.
Uh; he was a 3.5 pt underdog and he is being pounded by 50 (so far)by a 7-5 team. That is worth of criticism; or at least asking about preparation?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Uh; he was a 3.5 pt underdog and he is being pounded by 50 (so far)by a 7-5 team. That is worth of criticism; or at least asking about preparation?
If you think preparation is the reason for this, we're not watching the same game.

Edit to further my point of the disparity in talent and athleticism:

247 Team Talent Rankings

Auburn - 14
Purdue - 71

Last edited:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Ithink that Purdue's coach must have slept with Gus' wife or something. Still has the starters in the game up 56-7.
I was just joking with a guy at work that Gus must have pictures of Purdue’s coach coming out of a hotel room with a prostitute and told him he would destroy them if he made him look good calling the plays!

Seriously though, I’m glad Gus ends the year on a high note! I hope they keep him around for many years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Have I seen this movie before?? Mediocre coach, who pulled off a big win or 2, threatens to leave for home; current employer writes big check and extension. Said coach goes to bowl against mediocre team and gets boat motored ; while wife is having Christmas shopping season of her life.
Is Sexton his agent?? Coaching salaries for average coaches are OUT of control.
LOL! Gus 2.0...?

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
If you think preparation is the reason for this, we're not watching the same game.

Edit to further my point of the disparity in talent and athleticism:

247 Team Talent Rankings

Auburn - 14
Purdue - 71
Well'; better preparation could have kept it under 40 :smile:

And; Purdue beat the #1 team on that list(dated 10/11) badly. They went " no mas" in a hurry.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.