Game Thread: MUSIC CITY BOWL: Auburn vs Purdue (12/28 @ 12:30pm CT | ESPN)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Seems to be an epidemic of “that’s just who I am” comments recently. Apparently, Stidham got the bug, too. Not sure I understand his point...

“I’m a competitor," Stidham said. "Not knocking anybody else. At the end of the day, that’s who I am. I’m a competitor. If you want to play checkers, let’s play checkers. That’s just who I am.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I watched this game with some Auburn family members. They were all calling for Gus to be fired and saying that Auburn should have played this way all season. They really think Auburn is an elite team and should be in the playoff! ;)

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I watched this game with some Auburn family members. They were all calling for Gus to be fired and saying that Auburn should have played this way all season. They really think Auburn is an elite team and should be in the playoff! ;)
My Auburn sister said the same. I didn't know how to tell her they couldn’t play Purdue every game, what with all those SEC teams that play defense.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Announcers acting like Gus calling the plays is the reason for the offensive outburst. These plays aren't anything new.
Makes you wonder if Perdue thought Auburn didn't play Defense?

What can I say about this game.
Last year Auburn mailed it in, and got beat.
Today Auburn came to play.
The Gus Bus will continue to be parked in Auburn. :)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
My Auburn sister said the same. I didn't know how to tell her they couldn’t play Purdue every game, what with all those SEC teams that play defense.
Two things:

Goes to show you how thin the margins are between being good and being great. Had our line play been better than marginal through the season, we would have been in the playoff discussion late into the season again. 2 or 3 players can make all the difference in the world.

And it goes to show you the difference between the conferences. A middling B1G vs a bottom half SEC team was a complete mismatch. In the PAC or Big12, you need to bring your A game against good teams 1-3 times per year. In the ACC or B1G, 2-4. In the SEC it's 5-7.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Barners are gonna barn. I loved how Gus was about to bust out of his vest yesterday like they were suddenly the best team in the nation.

Saw some barners asking "why can't we play like this all the time?" Guess they can't figure out that they could if they played Purdue everygame. Purdue had ONE player (Rondale Moore) that Auburn had to defend and the difference in team speed was as big of a mismatch since we played Michigan and ND a few years ago.

Prediction, Barners will be talking about how they'll be playoff contenders in '19. I love it because when they have expectations (like this year), they'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Barners are gonna barn. I loved how Gus was about to bust out of his vest yesterday like they were suddenly the best team in the nation.
Saw some barners asking "why can't we play like this all the time?" Guess they can't figure out that they could if they played Purdue everygame. Purdue had ONE player (Rondale Moore) that Auburn had to defend and the difference in team speed was as big of a mismatch since we played Michigan and ND a few years ago.

Prediction, Barners will be talking about how they'll be playoff contenders in '19. I love it because when they have expectations (like this year), they'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.
Maybe the conversation can be steered to awbarn leaving the SEC and moving to the Big-12....good use of the REC's funds, if you ask me...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.