An Open Letter from Gerald McCoy to Oklahoma Fans

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
People really believe that what happened in previous years has an impact on, or offers insight into, what will happen now? It is like believing in a lucky rabbit's foot or the Friday the 13th. It is irrational and childish. Maybe he still believes in the tooth fairy or Easter bunny.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
People really believe that what happened in previous years has an impact on, or offers insight into, what will happen now? It is like believing in a lucky rabbit's foot or the Friday the 13th. It is irrational and childish. Maybe he still believes in the tooth fairy or Easter bunny.
Well, Boise State is a college football blue blood.

Beat Oklahoma so it's now universal something something

And bragging about needing a fake punt to beat a 4-9 Shula coached team is the height of cluelessness.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
so when they got to play a SEC team in the championship game and they wanted to get after them but they found out who was the top dog. Just like Bama will show them who barks the loudest.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Well, Boise State is a college football blue blood.

Beat Oklahoma so it's now universal something something

And bragging about needing a fake punt to beat a 4-9 Shula coached team is the height of cluelessness.
Yes, they conveniently leave out that we were no where as good as them back then. My thought after reading this was, if this is what it takes to get them motivated, then they already have a problem.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Um, do you also believe that the more times a coin turns up heads, the odds increase that it will turn up tails the next time? :D
I meant law of averages and no I don't on the coin toss. Odds are always going to be 50/50 no matter how many time in a row it lands on heads.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I meant law of averages and no I don't on the coin toss. Odds are always going to be 50/50 no matter how many time in a row it lands on heads.
OK. Then, with regard to Saban's streak, it could theoretically go on forever, until there is a material change in factors, i.e., Saban dies, retires, ages to where it hurts recruiting. What he's done so far defies what were accepted as conventional possibilities...

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
so when they got to play a SEC team in the championship game and they wanted to get after them but they found out who was the top dog. Just like Bama will show them who barks the loudest.
Yeah, I didn't really get that one. If you're going to tell a no-one-gave-us-a-chance-but-we-showed-them story, you should pick one where you came out on top. Besides, it was the NC game, not a five-loss team playing the #1 team to a 1-point moral victory.

Sevenmm

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2018
I don't remember bama fans saying how bad they were before the last three times we played and wasn't the last time only five thats 5 for some, years ago ?? I remember much the same bragging before that game, Sugar Bowl wasn't it ?? the year we played boise with a back up QB and a hurt AD, Stoops had kicked off a 5 star QB before the season got going not to make excuses rather reasons as they are stated here. Good luck to you guys, can you imagine getting beat by a team with no defense.......now that would be hard

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I don't remember bama fans saying how bad they were before the last three times we played and wasn't the last time only five thats 5 for some, years ago ?? I remember much the same bragging before that game, Sugar Bowl wasn't it ?? the year we played boise with a back up QB and a hurt AD, Stoops had kicked off a 5 star QB before the season got going not to make excuses rather reasons as they are stated here. Good luck to you guys, can you imagine getting beat by a team with no defense.......now that would be hard
As I told you in the other thread, back off, sevenmm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.