Game Thread: COTTON BOWL / CFP Semifinal 1: Clemson vs Notre Dame (3:00pm CT | ESPN)

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Does anyone else feel like Notre Dame and Clemson are getting a bye. There are playing what should have been the ACC Championship. I realize the Irish aren't full members but why should they get a pass? Clemson on the other hand did play an extra game but against a much weaker opponent. Its as if the ACC has 2 teams in the playoff and unfairly so.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I like Dabo and hope Clemson smokes Notre Dame. I have a feeling that the Domers may keep it close for a while. Clemson's athleticism probably allows them to pull away in the second half. We shall see.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I'm not predicting it but I wouldn't be surprised if ND beats Clemson.
I am predicting it. Notre Dame beats clempson. The Irish win it off a last minute interception. Dabo complains that the DB did not let his receiver catch the ball because he doesn't understand football and rules.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, the early games were terrible. Maybe this one will be more competitive.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Should we be pulling for either of these teams? I'm at a loss, myself.
I am not pulling for either team. I am hoping clempson loses, if that makes sense.

Lawrence even being allowed there makes me dislike Dabo even more. When an Alabama player breaks a rule, Saban sends them home. Dabo doesn't.

I still believe this game will be close. I picked the Irish to win, but I am not confident in that pick.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I think ND will put up a good fight and make it a game. I hope so. I don't want Clemson running away with it, but I feel yucky if I pull for ND.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think ND will put up a good fight and make it a game. I hope so. I don't want Clemson running away with it, but I feel yucky if I pull for ND.
Part of me wants this game to go to 12 overtimes so the winner is exhausted. Then I remember our game is next and I want our game to start on time and not on ESPNNews.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I have a feeling ND will play well. Good enough to win I'm not sure. If Bama beats Oklahoma tonight I would prefer ND as our next opponent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.