ESPN Is Reporting...(Joke about Playoff Committee)

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Re: ESPN Is Reporting...

Whoever is the governing body of the CFB Playoff Committee needs to have a sit down with the committee members and develop a definitive process to do a better job in selecting the teams. As someone mentioned in another post there is always one team that should not be in the final 4 teams. FSU in year one, MSU in year two, Washington in year 3 and last year Clemson. Notre Dame and BYU need to be put on notice that if they don't affiliate with a conference they cannot participate in the Playoff.

I believe anybody would agree that either UGA or tOSU would have been much stronger opponents than ND. I understand they both had an ugly regular season loss, but that aside, the committee should have been able to see that they were both better than ND. IMO this is the very type situation I was afraid of with having human decision making. If something is not done to change this then the 8 team playoff will happen and happen soon.
Well, FSU were the defending champs and undefeated, iirc. It would have been ridiculous to leave them out that year, regardless of how they ended up doing in their playoff game. As much as we do not respect the Pac-whatever that number is, the Huskies did only have one loss that year, to an improving USC team, along with some really big wins in their conference. And MSU's one loss was by one point to an admittedly bad Nebraska team. We know all these teams' results in the playoffs, but I don't see anything in there that screams they should be omitted from consideration. I do somewhat agree on Clemson 2017 though.

Notre Dame got their eyes beaten out, as we all expected. But their record for the season was very respectable and I thought they earned their way in. The teams they scheduled were solid. I know some of the records of the teams they beat were sketchy, but you don't know that when you make your schedule. It is only fair to believe that USC, Michigan, and Stanford are going to be solid wins when you put them in your lineup to play a few years in advance. Add in some mid-level teams from other conferences, and I can support who they played and beat as evidence they deserved to get in and lose the way they did.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
It we go to 8 teams might as well go back to BCS rankings and disband committee approach. No need for human involvement with that many spots.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.