Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Sooners...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Tua was 24 for 27 (88.8%) Orange Bowl Record for 318 yards and 4 TD's

His Season stats are now 223 for 321 (69.5%) 3,671 yards and 41 TD's
Thing about it was that it was there for the taking all night long vs that secondary. When we went ground and pound in the third, we did tha OK defense a favor.

He could have thrown for 500 easily

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Redemption for Tua, not that he likely cares. Time to start recovering physically and begin focusing on the Dabo's. Hoping to get good news on all our guys.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
How bout we just have the championship game Atlanta? They’ll probably be giving away tickets in Santa Clara. Does anybody there even care?
Good thought. Who threw enough money out there to get the college football championship game in a place where they don't care about real football.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
How bout we just have the championship game Atlanta? They’ll probably be giving away tickets in Santa Clara. Does anybody there even care?
I thought the same thing. Two southern teams traveling 2000 miles to play a game. Insane.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Thing about it was that it was there for the taking all night long vs that secondary. When we went ground and pound in the third, we did tha OK defense a favor.

He could have thrown for 500 easily
He could have but we were trying to maintain balance..... and we were but kept shooting ourselves in the foot with mental errors.

Plus Tua had 2 long throws called back and one was a TD.

He almost had 400 yards and 5 TD's.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Let me preface this by saying that I'm 38 hot because I took Bama -13.5 and the under (for entertainment purposes only, of course):

We should have scored 50-60 points tonight. But now, the only talk for a week will be how well Kyler Murray played. At the risk of breaking a TideFans cardinal rule and criticizing players, we're just not very smart at some spots. We're just not. Said spots get a ton of press and get their names called because they're recognizable, but they have disappeared on film a LOT this season. A lot of "look at me" going on. SMH...

We dropped at least 3 INTs tonight. One in particular, if we make it 47 is not injured. After that, if a dead to rights tackle is made, 47 is not injured. Now, the only sure pass rush we can get on Trevor Lawrence is with 92 up the middle.

And, as someone has stated before in this thread, this thing of taking our foot off the gas can be frustrating. But even with "conservative" play calling, we made entirely too many mental errors.

I do much of my work with people who are in and from the Clemson, SC area. I need us to not let up on them. I need a 30-40 point win. They're too big for their britches. They need humility

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Get your poop bag and sharps container ready if you go. THE SFO area is a cesspool. It used to be my favorite city. It needs a huge clorox cleansing

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
What sucks the most is that Clemson actually got the benefit of playing the weakest team of the four in Notre Dame.

Oklahoma played the much more physical game. If anything I expect Clemson to be the fresher team.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
When was the last time we got a holding call? OU held ALL night long and even tackled one of our defensive lineman. I know there is a lot of Bama fatigue but this is crazy. RTR
Auburn.
We get one on one out of every 260 opponent's offensive plays.
Utter outlier from a statistical standpoint.
Literally almost off the charts.
Sickening.

JPaikman

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 16, 2015
San Mateo, CA
Get your poop bag and sharps container ready if you go. THE SFO area is a cesspool. It used to be my favorite city. It needs a huge clorox cleansing
Game is held in Santa Clara, about an hour from SF city itself and also far from the public nuisance. Levi's Stadium is pretty clean area.

Have to say, with an infant child, having the game where I can take commuter rail to rather than flying is fantastic.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.