Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Sooners...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Just dawned on me the Orange Bowl has always been Oklahoma’s season long goal going back to the Big Eight days. Makes beating them there even more special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
To be fair he shredded Bama for 400 yards. Has anyone done the math of whether Tua jumped him on the efficiency list after this game?
But he did have is number called 54 times one way or another. I feel badly for the rest of the OU team, as they are clearly afterthoughts in the playcalling selection.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
That's funny.

Just four hours ago, we couldn't beat them because we never faced an offense like that and they'd beat us three in a row including the Sugar Bowl something something.

I'm about to unload a rant.
Your score prediction model was almost spot on..... just a couple more minutes and we break 52 to win 52-34.

If we had played a clean game we probably win 63+ to 27 which was in my picks territory.....lol

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
But he did have is number called 54 times one way or another. I feel badly for the rest of the OU team, as they are clearly afterthoughts in the playcalling selection.
Yeah that’s true. Still putting up 400 on Bama deserves respect even if it’s begrudging respect. Tua is and will be the better QB but Kyler proved he can play to me tonight. That deep ball on the run was wild.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
So I guess we are holding our breath for all the OU fans who came out of the woodwork on here this month to give us our due??

We played super sloppy the final 3 qtrs and still won by Double Digits....could have been by 18 easily.

Our Offense still dropped 500+ yards on them and 45 points.

Not bad for the #2 Offense in the country vs the Greatest Offense in the history of ever.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Good win that looked worse than it was. We only stopped ourselves on offense. Defense started fast and executed the "bend but don't break until they use 5 minutes" prevent masterfully. We weren't gonna stone that team but we damn sure made sure they shrunk the game on themselves to score the ball.
Spot on. Other than the obvious mental mistakes, my only real criticism is I think we tried to take the air out of the ball a little too early. Then again, clean up the stupid penalties and mistakes and it doesn’t matter.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In the second half we had the ball four times. We punted once on a drive where we still burned 4:36 while up by 18. On the other two drives we had two touchdowns and would have had a third if the game hadn’t ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Would somebody please tell ESPN and it’s lackys that Kyler Murray played like crap. They keep fawning over a guy after he completed 51% of his passes.
Murray played pretty well for a guy I thought Williams had ripped his head off, when the helmet pulled off.

I'm sure Murray is a hero playing teams with no Defense,
But he looked kind of ordinary tonight against our guys.
I have to hand it to OK, they found a weak spot, and kept after it the whole game.
Not to mention that some of our guys made mistakes that cost us points and yardage.
Lastly... Every week the Refs allow our players to be held on half the plays. :(

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.