Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Sooners...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Good game that could have been great. Great = not having to feel nervous as much.

I really think we were more emotional in this game more than normal because of the Murray Heisman and all the hype they'd heard about how unstoppable their offense was.

We hardly ever play so undisciplined.

I also felt we got a little cute on offense in the first half with mixing in Jalen so much and splitting out Tua. Just a waste of plays IMO. Think if we hadn't out thunk ourselves we would have scored another couple TDS in the first half and it would have been over.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Gosh, I hate oklahoma.

Wondering how long it will be before our land thief guests come back and start calling us arrogant because we assumed our potent offense and defense would beat their potent offense and awful defense. Not holding my breath.

I hate oklahoma.
I'm with you on this. Half of that bunch ought to be in the penitentiary. They were playing some dirty football, yet we were the ones getting all the flags. Not that we didn't deserve the flags we got, but they should have been getting more of them.

GAP

Dec 30, 2017
Wish we would have scored that last touchdown to widen the gap - just from a pride perspective. Wonder if CNS held them back to bring some humility to the team? Proud of the win but team really lost focus on 2nd half and they cannot do so against Clemson.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Your score prediction model was almost spot on..... just a couple more minutes and we break 52 to win 52-34.

If we had played a clean game we probably win 63+ to 27 which was in my picks territory.....lol
We lost four points on the stupid trio of penalties at the end of the first half.

I'm trying to calm down, and I'll say something that get me in trouble, so I'll just say this:

I have ZERO respect for OU anymore, and I will never again pull for your program for anything unless I have to do so to help Alabama. You're now in the category of Tennessee and Penn St as far as I'm concerned. The utterly classless trash that came out of the woodwork online (not so much here - and I EXCLUDE our long esteemed wishbonesooner and owenfieldreams from my anger) combined with the trashy way that guy plowed Williams, who merely had the temerity to LEGALLY hit the quarterback and the O-lineman couldn't handle that.

Kyler Murray would never make it through a season of facing SEC defenses. He would actually GET HIT repeatedly like he got yanked down early and plowed by Williams - and eventually be out. Tua got hurt because of the grind of SEC defenses aiming for his ankle (LSU, MSU) and able to hit hard (UGA). But Murray channels his inner Franco Harris and gives one to one of his slips when he's about to get creamed.

Which is why he didn't deserve the Heisman, and this game only confirmed it for me. All the comments about "not facing an offense" were so utterly clueless that I have to question whether such diplomas were earned at Neanderthal High.

Games should elicit respect, and I was raised to win and lose with class. But the garbage of the last four weeks of deriding our schedule, not having watched our games, and showing contempt deserves to be paid in kind with greater contempt.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Wish we would have scored that last touchdown to widen the gap - just from a pride perspective. Wonder if CNS held them back to bring some humility to the team? Proud of the win but team really lost focus on 2nd half and they cannot do so against Clemson.
I think he was afraid we'd get an injury on a useless play.

A team that would hit Williams on the ground might go full OJ if given the opportunity.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
So I guess we are holding our breath for all the OU fans who came out of the woodwork on here this month to give us our due??

We played super sloppy the final 3 qtrs and still won by Double Digits....could have been by 18 easily.

Our Offense still dropped 500+ yards on them and 45 points.

Not bad for the #2 Offense in the country vs the Greatest Offense in the history of ever.
bama played below it's season averages in points and yards against one of the worst defenses in the country. Must be that big 12 defenses stats really are a product of the offenses.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
we lost four points on the stupid trio of penalties at the end of the first half.

I'm trying to calm down, and i'll say something that get me in trouble, so i'll just say this:

I have zero respect for ou anymore, and i will never again pull for your program for anything unless i have to do so to help alabama. You're now in the category of tennessee and penn st as far as i'm concerned. The utterly classless trash that came out of the woodwork online (not so much here - and i exclude our long esteemed wishbonesooner and owenfieldreams from my anger) combined with the trashy way that guy plowed williams, who merely had the temerity to legally hit the quarterback and the o-lineman couldn't handle that.
agree 1000%

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.