Congratulations

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Thanks Wishbone, great season for the Sooners. We’ll see you guys next year I’m sure!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Great game. It's a honor to be on the field with Bama. Didn't turn out our way, but we didn't quit. Good luck against Clemson.

BOOMER SOONER ROLL TIDE
You guys could have easily quit after our fast start. You kept fighting and should feel good about that. Murray showed more toughness than I thought he had. He took some shots and kept fighting back. The best team definitely won, though, in my opinion, so I am ready to face the tiggers.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Great game. It's a honor to be on the field with Bama. Didn't turn out our way, but we didn't quit. Good luck against Clemson.

BOOMER SOONER ROLL TIDE
Thanks wishbone. To stop by in the heat of the moment with your kind words shows you are the epitome of class.

Unlike some on here who’d rather pretend Oklahoma was only in the game because we let them be, I’d personally like to tip my cap to your team. That was an incredible effort, and Sooner nation has everything to be proud of.

I thought two things were proven tonight:

1. Lincoln Riley can flat-out Coach. He’s no placeholder winning with Stoops kids. Many coaches would have crawled into a hole until the final buzzer being down 28-0. Instead he kept his team engaged and believing they could come back. After the 1st quarter, OU won that game 34-17. Say what you will about reffing, or our conservative play calling, or our mistakes; I’m impressed that such a young coach can keep his team that mentally focused under those circumstances. The future is in good hands in Norman.

2. I’m seeing a lot of dismissal of Murray’s night. All season we’ve complained that Murray puts up his stats only against weak Big12 defenses. Yet he singlehandedly kept OU in the game, and while missing his top target totaled over 400 yards and 3 tds against the best defense in the country. He didn’t turn the ball over, and kept his composure under relentless pressure. Even if you want to argue his 50% completion rating as evidence of his inferiority, it would actually make his feat more impressive to put up those numbers up on an off-night. In my eyes, Murray proved that he deserved his hype and his Heisman. That boy can straight up ball.

To me, tonight showed how incredible both he and Tua are. I think we’re all lucky we were to witness a battle between two generational QBs.

The better team won tonight, but I congratulate you on a stellar season. Roll Tide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The highest compliment you can give an opponent is to say they competed well and never quit...and I'd say that about this OU team.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Sooners are here to stay with Riley as their coach. But one has to think that with the NFL calling his name how long he'll be there. At some point the perfect situation in the NFL will come calling and he'll accept it. Rumor is Jerry Jones loves Riley and we all know how fat Jerry Jones check book is.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I have always thought the best team OU ever faced was the 1966 Notre Dame squad. 2018 Alabama is right there. I knew we were fighting a battle with one hand tied behind our back. You cant win the NC w/o a decent D. I add my congratulations. You all are "arrogant" and rightly so 😉. Cherish this historic run. It's truly remarkable. One last comment about my Sooners...they did not quit and for that I am incredibly proud.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Maybe I just was put off by the thuggy play of their OL and LBs, but why do they get praised for not quitting? They are in the CFPs, why would they ever quit?

Murray is a fast guy who runs around and has a strong arm. He is a faster version of Manziel with a less accurate arm

He wasn’t a Heisman winner. His yards came on broken plays and push-offs by his WRs. He better stick to baseball. He is not an NFL QB.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Maybe I just was put off by the thuggy play of their OL and LBs, but why do they get praised for not quitting? They are in the CFPs, why would they ever quit?

Murray is a fast guy who runs around and has a strong arm. He is a faster version of Manziel with a less accurate arm

He wasn’t a Heisman winner. His yards came on broken plays and push-offs by his WRs. He better stick to baseball. He is not an NFL QB.
Yes, been to back personal fouls on linemen, and with the ref standing there letting 75 bounce Q's head off the ground like a basketball has just left a foul taste in my mouth regarding the Oklahoma team. The fans, however, have been fairly good over here.

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Cajun I told my Wife that if Manziel went pro he better take Mike Evans with him. To this day I think Evans won the Heisman for Manziel.:smile:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Murray seems like a good guy. Good luck to him in baseball.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

The 40 to 50 yard strike he threw to Rambo for a TD in the 4th Qtr was a beautiful pass; he is more than a scat back QB who runs around. Seems to have a lot more grey matter between his ears than Johnny Nut-zell did too; in my opinion he is a much better all around QB than Manzell. In any draft like situation, I’d take Murray every time over Manzell.

Wholeheartedly concur on thuggish play of their offensive line and defensive front 7.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.