The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.... Orange Bowl Style:

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
THE GOOD....... Tua is back :)
THE BAD.......... Injury to Miller.
THE UGLY......... The Refs were pretty sorry. We were held all night.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Good. Tua. Jacobs. Offense looked good.

Bad. Got sucked into a trashy style game. Surtain is on the field, he needs to produce.

I’m not familiar with 74, but he needs some help.

Need to get Waddle on some crossing routes.
Wills has been stellar all year. It’s not that he needs help as much as his errors today came at the absolute WORST POSSIBLE TIME and right in a cluster. Think there might be a saying as to the type of cluster which I think Coach may have referenced as he was annihilating inanimate objects ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I wouldn't worry about Surtain. He went up against an NFL level WR today in Lamb with the Heisman winner throwing him the ball. Plus he's a true freshman.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
I wouldn't worry about Surtain. He went up against an NFL level WR today in Lamb with the Heisman winner throwing him the ball. Plus he's a true freshman.
Yup. Every DB will have a game like this. Especially young ones. Coaches could have helped him IMO but he’s got to learn from it and move on. Personally I would have given him the green light to absolutely knock the urine out of Lamb off the line and would have cheated Shy to go help him knock more urine out of him until the refs called it. They had swallowed their whistle on everything else so use that. He’ll be alright.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
The Good- Tua is so great, that throwing for 88%, 318 yds and 4 TD's was mundane. So mundane, that people have suggested that other players should have won MVP. He is the giant by which all giants will henceforth be measured in the SEC.

The Bad- Penalties, some dropped picks that would have made kyler look a lot worse.

The Ugly- WE HAVE TO PLAY HUNTER RENFROW AGAIN. REPEAT. 34 YEAR OLD HUNTER RENFROW WILL BE PLAYING US AGAIN.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
Can I add the “Trevor Lawrence will be the best...Clempson will be the best...” this Bama team has faced all season narrative? Thank the Heavenly Father that it will only last 9 days as opposed to WEEKS!!!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Oklahoma sucks.

That's all I got. So glad they're gone.
OK came and majority talked trash... They went.
In their Defense we did get to talk to a couple of good guys who support the Sooners.

I'm not a fan of going on someone else's forum and talking trash.
I would never do that, and I don't care for others doing that.
I've never had a problem with rival fans who want to talk football, but the ones spouting lies and similar statistics are another story.
(I'm old fashioned like that)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
The Good- Tua is so great, that throwing for 88%, 318 yds and 4 TD's was mundane. So mundane, that people have suggested that other players should have won MVP. He is the giant by which all giants will henceforth be measured in the SEC.

The Bad- Penalties, some dropped picks that would have made kyler look a lot worse.

The Ugly- WE HAVE TO PLAY HUNTER RENFROW AGAIN. REPEAT. 34 YEAR OLD HUNTER RENFROW WILL BE PLAYING US AGAIN.
Hunter Refrow who even though he qualifies for a senior coffee at Hardee’s has to still pay full price because it would be an NCAA violation;)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Wills has been stellar all year. It’s not that he needs help as much as his errors today came at the absolute WORST POSSIBLE TIME and right in a cluster. Think there might be a saying as to the type of cluster which I think Coach may have referenced as he was annihilating inanimate objects ;)

I found situations like some we faced tonight need a name to say in public... So... Lots of us use 'Charlie Foxtrot'.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Good: Bama won.

Bad/ugly: To me does not matter.

Special shootout to Audio for being a beast in the game/post-game thread. The Emperor would be proud of the hate that flows through you with regards to OU.

Every voter who voted for Kyler should turn in their voting privileges because they GOT IT WRONG.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yup. Every DB will have a game like this. Especially young ones. Coaches could have helped him IMO but he’s got to learn from it and move on. Personally I would have given him the green light to absolutely knock the urine out of Lamb off the line and would have cheated Shy to go help him knock more urine out of him until the refs called it. They had swallowed their whistle on everything else so use that. He’ll be alright.

I'd worry that giving such instruction to a young player would get him disqualified.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
People should remember that Lamb obviously pushed off on the TD and another catch for a first down that were big. It was obvious. Surtain actually fell down because off one of the pushes. The ref just stands there with a thumb inserted in a certain hole. While he stares at it. I lost it. Also the OU db’s were mugging the Bama wr’s all game long. They should go to the police headquarters and file a report for assault and battery.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Good: the obvious already stated things, plus, we were NEVER threatened in this game (even though several seemed to think we were, OU never got closer than 11 point deficit)
Bad: Miller's injury. Hope he's able to play next week.
Ugly: OU's sportsmanship. From shoving Hurts after he went out of bounds to the OL that went after Q to Riley's immature and stupid remarks.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Good: Crushing OU and shutting their big pie holes.
Bad: Calling a fair catch at the 20 when OU kicked from their 10 -- that started the mid-game mental breakdown IMO.
Ugly: The criminal mentality of most of the OU team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.