JessN: Oklahoma wrap-up: Bama put this one away ‘Sooner’ than expected - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Crystal Cove,which is west of Montgomery on the Alabama River near Prairie Creek Campground.

Re: Oklahoma wrap-up: Bama put this one away ‘Sooner’ than expected

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Awesome article as always Jess. Oklahoma was never really in the game, and our own foolishness was the only thing that allowed the respectable score to be possible. Hopefully Miller can recover in time for Clemson; he was having such a great game. On Clemson, I think it’s going to be the usual epic game, more like the first two and not like last year. But, if we can get pressure on Lawrence, he can be neutralized. Notre Dame was able to do it only a few times. I’m confident in our passing game, from the OL’s ability to protect Tua to him finding the open man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

"salmon ice cream with Brussels sprout gravy" Good stuff, Jess! (the writing, not the food)

Saying a 12-0 Notre Dame didn't deserve to be in the playoffs is just crazy revisionist history. OU and Ohio State (and Georgia for that matter) had plenty of warts as well.

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    Saying a 12-0 Notre Dame didn't deserve to be in the playoffs is just crazy revisionist history. OU and Ohio State (and Georgia for that matter) had plenty of warts as well.
    Had Notre Dame been required to play in a conference they would have never reached the playoff. They would have lost to Clemson in the ACC and I can't think of another P5 conference that Notre Dame could have won.

BamaNation Second Team
    Crystal Cove,which is west of Montgomery on the Alabama River near Prairie Creek Campground.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    Had Notre Dame been required to play in a conference they would have never reached the playoff. They would have lost to Clemson in the ACC and I can't think of another P5 conference that Notre Dame could have won.
    Probably the PAC.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    If being 12-0 is the criteria, then ucf should have been in. Notre dame almost lost to vandy who is probably only the 10th best sec team. ND has no more business being on the championship discussion than UCF does.

Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    If being 12-0 is the criteria, then ucf should have been in. Notre dame almost lost to vandy who is probably only the 10th best sec team. ND has no more business being on the championship discussion than UCF does.
    Disagree - ND actually scheduled a lot of tough opponents (who turned out to not be as tough this year, but how can you blame ND for that?). Their undefeated season, and their history of being willing to play anyone, anywhere, distinguishes them from a team like UCF. UCF wants to play no one but get credit for playing a tough schedule.

If you want to disqualify them for not playing in a conference, I won't argue that point.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Disagree - ND actually scheduled a lot of tough opponents (who turned out to not be as tough this year, but how can you blame ND for that?). Their undefeated season, and their history of being willing to play anyone, anywhere, distinguishes them from a team like UCF. UCF wants to play no one but get credit for playing a tough schedule.

If you want to disqualify them for not playing in a conference, I won't argue that point.
    I agree with your point that they could not forsee a walk through Cream-Puff Park back when they made the schedule. I do believe the committee screwed Georgia and probably Ohio State by not grading ND on how the SOS turned out. ND had no business in that game and proved it beyond any shadow of doubt. Do you think UGA or OSU would have rolled over like that? Michigan, yes

Quote Originally Posted by CoastGhost View Post
    I agree with your point that they could not forsee a walk through Cream-Puff Park back when they made the schedule. I do believe the committee screwed Georgia and probably Ohio State by not grading ND on how the SOS turned out. ND had no business in that game and proved it beyond any shadow of doubt. Do you think UGA or OSU would have rolled over like that? Michigan, yes
    I think that UGA belonged. I do not believe that OSU belonged. But I would have put ND in ahead of OU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

great read.

I hope Christian springs back enough to play next week too.

BamaNation Second Team