Made my OU buddy mad. Do not do this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Made my OU buddy mad. Do not do this.

Was having an amicable conversation about the game. Told him OU had a good team. Left out that they were dirty.

Conversation turns to he thinks OU was mounting a comeback. I compared the game to the Arkansas game I attended. But OU had a better QB. He flips out about Arkansas comparison.

I pointed out it was like 40 to 14 at half. Fairly similar. Pointed out final score was like 62 to 31. Fairly similar if we didnít kneel and bs TD called back for lining up wrong.

He goes to the phone and finds out Bama gave up about the same amount of yards to Arkansas.

Am I off? Or is this a fair comparison. OU and Arkansas game were similar, with OU having a much better QB.

Re: Made my OU buddy mad. Do not do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_tide View Post
    Was having an amicable conversation about the game. Told him OU had a good team. Left out that they were dirty.

Conversation turns to he thinks OU was mounting a comeback. I compared the game to the Arkansas game I attended. But OU had a better QB. He flips out about Arkansas comparison.

I pointed out it was like 40 to 14 at half. Fairly similar. Pointed out final score was like 62 to 31. Fairly similar if we didn’t kneel and bs TD called back for lining up wrong.

He goes to the phone and finds out Bama gave up about the same amount of yards to Arkansas.

Am I off? Or is this a fair comparison. OU and Arkansas game were similar, with OU having a much better QB.
    Up to you, but I quit even reading their boards, let alone discussing it in person. I shut the most immature of their boards down when I read a post to the effect that we took a knee out of fear they might get a turnover and score. That was a little too much delusion, following a earlier flood...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

I got fed up with OU fans when I started to get the idea that a lot of them legitimately think they've had some of the best quarterbacks in recent memory.

Heupel? Got hurt
    White? Got hurt
    Bradford? Got hurt
    Mayfield? First ballot NFL hall of famer
    Murray? Clearly more deserving than Tua because his rating was like .1 better or something.

Just no logical discussion to be had there.
    If you want to make OU fans mad, point out that if Tua had been playing for Oklahoma the game would have been closer. Murray was off on a lot of passes.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; January 1st, 2019 at 12:24 AM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

The comparison of the games is not far off. The comparison of the two teams is, however. After all, Oklahoma did go 12-1, and Arkansas lost to North Texas.

But the games played out very similarly. They are offended because they are delusional about their team. Oklahoma was never going to win that game. We could have played 4 more quarters and the result would have been the same.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

I stopped having real discussions with most of the ones I know after years of constantly bringing up the Sugar Bowl and getting mad that the game doesnít matter to me to the degree they want it to. Oklahoma fans are far better than Texas and Nebraska fans but good god they donít know when to stop sometimes when beating an irrelevant game across your head. I mean does that Boise game really keep you up at night that bad?

BamaNation Second Team

OU surely donít want to hear about our lack of focus in the SugarcBowl.

Try to explain the team was going for a 3 peat and lost out on a kick six. And expect them to be excited to play in a meaningless game and be fully prepared.

Some teams would be thrilled to play in the Sugar Bowl. Real times will be sick to play in the Sugar Bowl. That is the difference in expectations.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

OU buddy, or was it an acquaintance?

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I've got two super classy Sooner friends that I talk football with pretty frequently. They both reached out after the game and congratulated me. One's exact words were: "Awesome display. Tide was on cruise control after 28-0 start." He gets it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Bama would be #1 and 13-0 if Jalen and then Tua hadn't went down with ankle problems.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Up to you, but I quit even reading their boards, let alone discussing it in person. I shut the most immature of their boards down when I read a post to the effect that we took a knee out of fear they might get a turnover and score. That was a little too much delusion, following a earlier flood...
    I think we read the same board. It was a good laugh when I read the "taking the knee our of fear". I'm glad I don't have any OU buddies to make mad!
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Boss is a Sooner fan. He texted me before the game and after the game. Normal "Let's do this!" and "Congratulations" type texts. He loves the Sooners, but he is a good man and he isn't going to take a sports loss personally.

We will talk about it at length some time this week, and I will be sure to only talk about the things that the Sooners did well. Not because he can't handle the truth, but because he will talk about the things that Alabama did well. See, that's the way that these conversations are supposed to go.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Boss is a Sooner fan. He texted me before the game and after the game. Normal "Let's do this!" and "Congratulations" type texts. He loves the Sooners, but he is a good man and he isn't going to take a sports loss personally.

We will talk about it at length some time this week, and I will be sure to only talk about the things that the Sooners did well. Not because he can't handle the truth, but because he will talk about the things that Alabama did well. See, that's the way that these conversations are supposed to go.
    Unfortunately, thats not a conversation you can have with Auburn fans I work with. Its a shame people can't act like adults after a game.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post

Good post.

My Physical therapist is a big OU fan. We talk football a lot. Last week he kept saying Bama would win by 2-3 touchdowns, and I kept telling him it may be close.. you never know. He does not like Saban or Alabama, and I don't think he likes Clemson much either. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about the game when I go to PT Thursday.