Question: Question: if you could add one rule to better CFB or create more competition...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Question: if you could add one rule to better CFB or create more competition...

I think on kick offs adding a rule that gives a point if the kickoff goes through the uprights and then place the ball on the 20 vs the 25 for a missed attempt or touchback would be successful in two ways.

1. It is a REAL solution to the attempt of making kick offs safer for players

2. It makes those personal foul penalties after a TD actually mean something

Yeah the Rose Bowl is boring lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Re: Question: if you could add on rule to better College Football or create more comp

Adopt the pro rule for being ruled down

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Question: if you could add on rule to better College Football or create more comp

Adopt NFL rules for DPI, Targeting, and in better protecting the QB (no low tackles permitted)

All officials must accompanied by their seeing eye guide dogs while on the field of play.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar

I like the NFL rule where you have to touch the player in order to be down. Also, the pass interference should be a spot foul imo instead of a 15 yarder.
    Hebrews 11:1

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

No chop blocks!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    I like the NFL rule where you have to touch the player in order to be down. Also, the pass interference should be a spot foul imo instead of a 15 yarder.
    Spot foul in the endzone too? That’s been one I’ve thought about a lot

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Adopt NFL rules for DPI, Targeting, and in better protecting the QB (no low tackles permitted)
    Low hits on the QB in a passing posture if the defender is unabated are fouls in NCAA. I believe the rule was based on the NFL rule so likely very similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    No chop blocks!
    Chop blocks (high/low) are fouls in NCAA. Do you mean low blocks in general? I expect to see low blocks gradually eliminated or at least reduced to interior linemen immediately at the snap like HS. There are coaches on the rules committee fighting to keep low blocks legal.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I like the idea of defensive pass interference being a spot foul. What bothers me though is that refs seem to give offensive players too much leniency and defensive players not enough. It would also be one sided in that the offensive team would lose 15 yards for pass interference while the defensive team could give up much more.

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    No chop blocks!
    You mean cut blocks?

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irNate View Post
    Spot foul in the endzone too? That’s been one I’ve thought about a lot

Brought to the 3 yard line and spotted there.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Re: Question: if you could add one rule to better CFB or create more competition...

I would like to see a 10 yard penalty when the offense tackles a defensive player. You could call it something generic like “Holding”.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Low hits on the QB in a passing posture if the defender is unabated are fouls in NCAA. I believe the rule was based on the NFL rule so likely very similar.
    I have never seen it called - ever. Tua was hit low 20+ times this season when passing with his knee injury.