Game Thread: Alabama @ Stephen F. Austin

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Huge games by Norris and Hall. We would have lost had Norris not stepped up and played the way he did today. After going through a early season slump Hall has been our most consistent player the past several games. The competition level is about to go up considerably so Hall needs to continue to step up his game for us to be successful. I watched the game but I wasn't paying too close attention so I may have missed some things but it appeared to me that we didn't play as many players in the weird combinations as usual. Perhaps CAJ has finally settled on a rotation that he will use going forward. It didn't seem like Reese or Smith played much yesterday. Giddens hasn't played in the past several games that I can recall. AJjr played a little more than I would like but my guess is that CAJ is trying to keep Lewis as fresh as possible given that he has only been on campus since late August and hasn't been through an offseason S&C program yet.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
Huge games by Norris and Hall. We would have lost had Norris not stepped up and played the way he did today. After going through a early season slump Hall has been our most consistent player the past several games. The competition level is about to go up considerably so Hall needs to continue to step up his game for us to be successful. I watched the game but I wasn't paying too close attention so I may have missed some things but it appeared to me that we didn't play as many players in the weird combinations as usual. Perhaps CAJ has finally settled on a rotation that he will use going forward. It didn't seem like Reese or Smith played much yesterday. Giddens hasn't played in the past several games that I can recall. AJjr played a little more than I would like but my guess is that CAJ is trying to keep Lewis as fresh as possible given that he has only been on campus since late August and hasn't been through an offseason S&C program yet.
Reese will get more playing time after Norris is gone.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I thought this was a good solid win over a team that billed this as the biggest game in program history. We are the 1st power 5 team to ever play them on their home court. It was a sold out building and we weathered the atmosphere and played reasonably well. Norris is providing much needed leadership as is Donta now. I think we have a decent rotation and can compete in the SEC this year. I don't think we will win it, but I think we are better than 7th in the end. It depends on our PG play.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
9-3 heading into conference play. Probably should be 10-2 or 11-1 but 9-3 isn't to bad. Will need a strong showing in conference play to make the tournament. Didn't give ourselves much room for error with the loss to Northeastern who is 7-7 and Georgia State which is 9-4. UCF loss doesn't look so bad as they're 10-2. Obviously, it will really depend on what these teams do in their conferences but if we had won the game vs Northeastern and Georgia State I'd feel much better as we head into conference play..

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
9-3 heading into conference play. Probably should be 10-2 or 11-1 but 9-3 isn't to bad. Will need a strong showing in conference play to make the tournament. Didn't give ourselves much room for error with the loss to Northeastern who is 7-7 and Georgia State which is 9-4. UCF loss doesn't look so bad as they're 10-2. Obviously, it will really depend on what these teams do in their conferences but if we had won the game vs Northeastern and Georgia State I'd feel much better as we head into conference play..
I thought we'd be 10-2 at this point, beating Northeastern but losing another game in Charleston, and beating Georgia State, but our SoS right now is at #40, which is pretty good, and our RPI is #38, so I can't fuss. If the tournament happened today we would be in it. Looking forward to UK on Saturday.

rtr

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Finally got to see one of our games last night and I like the chemistry. Norris is a key role player on the court. Hopefully, we can get a big win next Saturday against UK!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
RamaJama, heard anything on Giddens? Pretty sure I didn’t see him dressed out or on the bench against Penn State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
RamaJama, heard anything on Giddens? Pretty sure I didn’t see him dressed out or on the bench against Penn State.

I'm curious to know this too. I haven't paid attention to the bench on tv the past couple of games so I can't say if he was there or not but I know he has not played since fairly early in the season. He was on the bench for the Liberty game in Huntsville and although I didn't get to see much of warmups, what little I saw it did not appear that he was injured. My gut feeling is that he is either suspended or just relegated to the very bottom of the depth chart. I suspect he will not be with the program next year, if not sooner.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
I'm curious to know this too. I haven't paid attention to the bench on tv the past couple of games so I can't say if he was there or not but I know he has not played since fairly early in the season. He was on the bench for the Liberty game in Huntsville and although I didn't get to see much of warmups, what little I saw it did not appear that he was injured. My gut feeling is that he is either suspended or just relegated to the very bottom of the depth chart. I suspect he will not be with the program next year, if not sooner.
agree

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I sat across from the bench for the Penn State game. When the team was huddled, I don’t remember seeing him. Might have just missed him, but tried to look a few times.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I sat across from the bench for the Penn State game. When the team was huddled, I don’t remember seeing him. Might have just missed him, but tried to look a few times.

I recorded both games so I just pulled up the Penn State game and I'm pretty sure they showed Giddens in the tunnel with the team before they came out on the court.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Pretty sure I saw Giddens dressed out with the team walking to the halftime lockers at SFA.

Last game I remember Giddens playing in was the UCF game. No clue what the deal is; he has not performed well but seems that he would get a few minutes if there isn't something going on.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Giddens has been dressed out. I am not sure why he hasn't seen the court. I am not sure he has played since the northeastern game. I've seen him on the bike on the side, but not in any games. I thought he could and would contribute this year. He is a physical presence inside, but extrememly foul prone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.