Link: Obligatory "Alabama didn't stop us" from the opposing team's quarterback

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Obligatory "Alabama didn't stop us" from the opposing team's quarterback

People treated USCw with glowing praise. Reggie Bush was treated as the greatest player of his generation and Carrol was viewed as a genius

Yet Bama is on the verge of winning 6 in 10 and Coach Saban could win his 7th passing Coach Bryant, yet..... neither are really discussed.

So call it what you want but OU never had a shot to win the game. And by not acknowledging it is a bit disrespectful.
We can agree to disagree. In a post-game presser in which championship dreams have been crushed, players are going to be thinking about themselves and their team and how disappointed they are, not about some other team's dynasty. It's not all about Alabama.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

The nation got to see the best QB in collegiate football last night. Tua had 3 balls hit the ground the entire night. That’s hard to accomplish during pregame much less against live competition.

Tua>Murray

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

From the first quarter on ... him and most of his teammates body language during the game looked like they knew it was a game they couldn't win.

Not to take anything away from him or their offense, I believe they would beat 98% of the rest of college football BUT last night, it was our defense that held their offense in check. If we would have cut down on mental errors on both sides of the ball, it would have even been as close as it was.

There are games that we know where the better team has underperformed and lost ... last night wasn't one of those games. Bama was clearly the better team.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

We can agree to disagree. In a post-game presser in which championship dreams have been crushed, players are going to be thinking about themselves and their team and how disappointed they are, not about some other team's dynasty. It's not all about Alabama.

It is absolutely all about Alabama.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Didn’t see the interview — don’t care. I did see Murray on the sidelines before their last drive and he was physically beaten. Breathing really hard and the look on his face showed, to me, he knew what the outcome was going to be.
On their last drive he seemed to be running at half speed - Bama wasn’t exactly running him down, either.
If Bama’s defense didn’t stop OU’s offense, how does he describe what Bama did to his team’s defense?
Oh, wait - WHAT DEFENSE?
When your whole team mentality is to have the ball at the end of every game with a chance to win, that’s gambling, not playing championship football. And every gambler loses regularly, and the vast majority lose more than they win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

I really love how an Ohio State guy comes on here and tells Bama fans "how to feel" and "what to do". Then basically defends any comment about the great Urban Meyer and Tattoo U.
He said that Alabama stopped them in the first quarter. He is right. After that, Alabama's defensive intensity lessened and you really didn't stop them again.

Murray was very humble in that interview. Watch it. Read his body language. Stop creating drama or disrespect where none exists.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Oh, but it is to Alabama fans. Sorry your beloved Buckeyes just cannot seem to "get it done" when it matters.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Oh, but it is to Alabama fans. Sorry your beloved Buckeyes just cannot seem to "get it done" when it matters.
:biggrin:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I really love how an Ohio State guy comes on here and tells Bama fans "how to feel" and "what to do". Then basically defends any comment about the great Urban Meyer and Tattoo U.
I am a better Alabama fan that you are - I can guarantee that.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

The nation got to see the best QB in collegiate football last night. Tua had 3 balls hit the ground the entire night. That’s hard to accomplish during pregame much less against live competition.

Tua>Murray
Actually, only two balls hit the ground. One was caught; but ruled that the receiver did not have control of the ball as he went out of bounds. :wink:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

He said that Alabama stopped them in the first quarter. He is right. After that, Alabama's defensive intensity lessened and you really didn't stop them again.

Murray was very humble in that interview. Watch it. Read his body language. Stop creating drama or disrespect where none exists.
The defensive calls changed. You have a 4 TD lead, the other team can’t stop your O, you just don’t want to give up the cheap TD, make them earn it. Yeah, the coming close to winning the game part was the part that was irritating. The game never got close, never got less than two scores. Our defense really didn’t look that tired to me, either.

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015

Actually, only two balls hit the ground. One was caught; but ruled that the receiver did not have control of the ball as he went out of bounds. :wink:
And should have been defensive PI on that play

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan

I guess I am typical Bama fan but I was more impressed with Jake Fromm than I was Kyler Murray. I'm bull headed when it comes to these offensive systems and I just can't look beyond what I see as inflated stats. The deep throw he hit where their guy got past the two Bama defenders was a really good throw to me but he is nothing more than any mike leach type of QB that racks up stats. What he does have is amazing speed and can use that to exploit other teams because of the system he plays in. I'll add him to the Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, or even Chad Kelley list but happened to play for a blue blood and got more media hype.

Last night's game didn't change that for me.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I guess I am typical Bama fan but I was more impressed with Jake Fromm than I was Kyler Murray.
I agree. I am not sure what the Sooner's offense would have looked like with Fromm, but I think that it would have been even better.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I agree. I am not sure what the Sooner's offense would have looked like with Fromm, but I think that it would have been even better.
Fromm had a better passing day against us than Murray did (25/39 301 yards, 3TD's for Fromm vs 19/37 308 yards, 2TD's for Murray), but Murray had 17 carries for 109 yards and another TD. Fromm was more accurate and never threw a ball that I can remember that should have been intercepted. Murray threw 3 that really should have been picked. In fact, if our defense had capitalized like they normally do, the outcome and complexion of the game last night would have been totally different. The way UGA runs and throws the ball, there is no doubt in my mind that they would easily handle OU as well.

We'll have to wait and see how good Clemson really is, but its possible UGA is the best team we will have played this year.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Tua>Murray
One of the three was caught but reversed as a completion after review. Two misses...unbelievable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.