Early thoughts on Clemson

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Their DL is really disruptive and I was impressed with their LB play yesterday. I think some plays are there to be made against their secondary if we can hold off the pass rush.

Lawrence is legit and seems to have the poise needed for a QB. Etienne doesn't need much of a hole and they have a stable of receivers. I wonder about their OL.

We need better LB play against them and we need to affect Lawrence. Miller is a big loss if he can't go. All in all, I think we have a formidable matchup on our hands. I really like using our backs as receivers.

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
I don’t think their defense is as good as most think and you really can’t gauge their performance on the ND game. ND would finish last in the SEC West this year. They remind me of an upgraded Vandy.

TigerTown

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
Teams line up pretty even.. both teams secondary are the "weakest" (relatively speaking, neither is bad) part, and both surprisingly struggle on special teams.

6 pt spread seems aboutright, mainly due to your qb with a bit more experience.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It appears the secondary of both teams are the weak spot so whichever team can exploit that best wins. I think we have the edge at QB because Tua has gone through this before and Trevor Lawrence has not. Lawrence might be a bit nervous and make a few mistakes. Notre Dame wasn't really much of a challenge for him but Bama is different. Both QB's will face a good pass rush because I think both teams DL's will control the LOS. Should be another classic game.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
With a healthy Tua, I just don’t think we lose to Clemson because there are so many ways we can attack offensively. As heralded as their D-line is, I don’t think it’s considerably better than anything we’ve faced, like Miss St. We can’t, however, have the mental lapses like we did last night.

Clemson is a very good team no doubt, but the closest thing they’ve seen to a truly elite opposition is A&M. I’m sorry, but ND just isn’t elite, not even close. Meanwhile, we are coming off back to back wins against 2 of the top 5 teams in the country. Point is, we are battle tested and they aren’t.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Tua is the best QB in college football history and will be the difference in the game. Alabama has played a much more difficult schedule, and is battle tested and ready for this fight. I have not done a real analysis yet, but I think that Alabama wins going away.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
If we can hold OU to 34, we can hold Clemson to 24. And I have no doubt that we can score 30+ on their defense. I think the line is a little low. It will be a tough game but I think Bama wins by 10.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
It would be difficult to look at the ACC and say that it isn't a very down year for the conference as a whole particularly with Louisville and FSU having terrible years. Having watched Clemson mostly from afar the last five years it has been difficult for me to believe that this team could make it through an LSU, MSU, AUB, GA schedule and end up in the Playoff. I always doubt, having watched the ACC for some time, with the opposition they play if they are prepared to face an SEC team week end and week out.

Also after watching Deshaun Watson for the two years we faced him it is difficult not to view Clemson in that light but we know Watson plays on Sunday now and they have a freshman QB. Possibly a great one but we need to see him against a team with a generational QB and receiver group who will put points on the board and pressure Clemson's offense.

I would tend to believe that after playing the schedule Bama has including Georgia and Oklahoma that they have seen it all, dealt with great adversity and stand within reach of #18. Hard for me to believe that Clemson will be much more than a speed bump on that road.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I’m looking forward to this one. I was in the stands two years ago when Clemson won in Tampa. I’m going to be entertaining a business client for the game and am looking forward to a business / pleasure trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TigerTown

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
So a few responses... if Bama is better at wr we are talking 1a and 1b. If Tua is the greatest qb ever (and may be) it will be proven by winning next Monday, he isn't yet. Clemson is significantly better than last year, not sure where someone can think otherwise (not just at qb, across the board).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.