Early thoughts on Clemson

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I don't think he is overrated just pointing out a snip it in time if others are going to do the same and not look at the overall body of work. I already said that Bama has the slight advantage. It will be a great game and both teams are fairly equal with play makers and advantages in different aspects of the game.
You also have to realize you are on a Bama board and just about every person here is wearing Crimson glasses and looking for any place where Bama may have the advantage. Even if their logic is faulty you can't just throw it back in their face. This isn't a board that is meant to be fair to rival fans, it's a board that's meant to service Bama fans. We are interested in your opinion and perspective. Treat it like you are a guest at someone's dinner table. Even if they say something you find idiotic, you're probably best served not to clap-back at them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure where this narrative is that TL was "affected" by ND. Kid played great...Sacked once, forced out of the pocket a couple times.
He was clearly affected early in the game. Once you guys got your blitz pickups worked out, ND stopped getting to Lawrence and he got into a groove. Lawrence is a very good QB when he has time. He is not going to have much time in this game. Neither is Tua.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Not sure where this narrative is that TL was "affected" by ND. Kid played great...Sacked once, forced out of the pocket a couple times. ND dl isn't Bama, but it's better than GA. Clemson went very conservative in the 2nd half.. this is why the transitive rule being used in sports (whether for outcomes or performance) is a real reach.

Don't think bama performance v. the citadel has much to do with anything.
The only thing i'd quibble with is the comparison of GA and ND's D-lines. At best it's a push and Kirby is the better defensive mind by far is you are talking about gameplans as a factor (he seems to be garbage as a head coach under pressure.) The rest seems correct. TL looked good against ND.

wumarshall82

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2016
You also have to realize you are on a Bama board and just about every person here is wearing Crimson glasses and looking for any place where Bama may have the advantage. Even if their logic is faulty you can't just throw it back in their face. This isn't a board that is meant to be fair to rival fans, it's a board that's meant to service Bama fans. We are interested in your opinion and perspective. Treat it like you are a guest at someone's dinner table. Even if they say something you find idiotic, you're probably best served not to clap-back at them.
You guys are correct. This your board and I am a visitor. Bama fans are some of the best that I have come across being at all of the games and on the message boards. TAMU fans were scary nice though when we went to College Station..

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I have seen this before so I will take the liberty, sorry if stepping on any toes. This is our house, you are the visitor. Comments such as yours disturb my happy place. We come here to talk bama football and be safe from the mess that goes on on the rest of the boards, so I have heard. This is the only one I frequent. We will appreciate your analysis and show you all the respect you are due. The mods will throw you out of you keep up the one liners in the football thread. It adds absolutely no value to the conversation.
Actually, we LOVE to be challenged with reasoned comments and good analysis from a different angle. That's part of what makes the board great.

What we won't put up with for long is trolls who are just trolling and/or are so ignorant of facts that it appears they are trolling.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
Not concerned about Clemson.

IF we clean up all the mistakes we made during OU game.

Fair catch
Taking off helmet
Horse collar
False start
Lining up wrong???? Maybe
Keaton Anderson kickoff personal foul.

Safeties has 2 balls hit them right in both hands and dropped INTs.

That needs to be cleaned up.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
Actually, we LOVE to be challenged with reasoned comments and good analysis from a different angle. That's part of what makes the board great.

What we won't put up with for long is trolls who are just trolling and/or are so ignorant of facts that it appears they are trolling.
Sorry. Was taking specifically about the one liner about tua and ga.

My personal favorites are the "congratulations" threads following the game.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Tua was hurt on the first drive of the GA game. He is now healthy. Now, if Tua get injured in the game, I get your point. But if Tua is healthy, Clemson is not going to win this game. You have a very good team, but this Alabama team is special.
one thing to keep in mind. they are the barn with a lake. ;)

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
one thing to keep in mind. they are the barn with a lake.
I haven't seen them win a game because of a miracle play, but they have some special voodoo when the opponent has a chance to beat them with a last second FG.

TigerTown

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
The only thing i'd quibble with is the comparison of GA and ND's D-lines. At best it's a push and Kirby is the better defensive mind by far is you are talking about gameplans as a factor (he seems to be garbage as a head coach under pressure.) The rest seems correct. TL looked good against ND.
Well Oklahoma had a sack, and flushed Tua a few times as well. That happens in about every game. My oint is that doesn't indicate TL (nor tua) made a "mistake"... had they thrown an int or fumbled it due to the pressure I'd agree.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not sure where this narrative is that TL was "affected" by ND. Kid played great...Sacked once, forced out of the pocket a couple times. ND dl isn't Bama, but it's better than GA. Clemson went very conservative in the 2nd half.. this is why the transitive rule being used in sports (whether for outcomes or performance) is a real reach.

Don't think bama performance v. the citadel has much to do with anything.
As for me, I was referring to the few times ND was able to get in his face. And they were few, because ND didn’t belong on the same field as Clemson. They will not be few against Alabama.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
Well Oklahoma had a sack, and flushed Tua a few times as well. That happens in about every game. My oint is that doesn't indicate TL (nor tua) made a "mistake"... had they thrown an int or fumbled it due to the pressure I'd agree.
Tua's sack was on a busted play if I remember, ball went to the opposite side of the RB, not sure who was wrong. That's the only negative play that I remember.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You wouldn't know it, but Coach Saban talks continually about the job of pressure "affecting the QB." IOW, having to run or throwing an INT is not the end of the story. A simple incompletion will do. OU fans complained that Skyler "wasn't himself," with some of his throws. Well, there was a reason for the fact that he barely broke even in his completion percentage...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Other than Texas A&M, who has Clemson played? An overrated Notre Dame. They barely beat A&M and squeaked by Syracuse.
They're also a better team now than they were when they played Notre Dame, and you're kinda ignoring the fact that Lawrence got knocked out by Syracuse in the first half with a concussion.

They're not the 2nd best team in the nation. UGA would beat them by 2 TDs.
Georgia couldn't even beat LSU by 2 TDs.

They instead lost to them by 3.

We'll beat them by 3.
the good thing is that, well, we will see.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You wouldn't know it, but Coach Saban talks continually about the job of pressure "affecting the QB." IOW, having to run or throwing an INT is not the end of the story. A simple incompletion will do. OU fans complained that Skyler "wasn't himself," with some of his throws. Well, there was a reason for the fact that he barely broke even in his completion percentage...
I had to chuckle every time I saw that out of an OU fan. Some folks will simply never get it.

wumarshall82

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2016
You really can't compare schedules and opponents even though we all get sucked into it.

I think you could take any player from Clemson or Alabama and insert them into the other team and they would keep moving along with the same intensity and efficiency. I cant say that I have watched a ton of Bama games but I would give the nod to Tua over TL. Other than that, both teams are fairly equal which is why Bama is the justified favorite IMO based on the QB position. Of course Clemson has a great coaching staff but Saban is just that much better, ie, the on side kick in Clemson v Bama part I where Swinney didn't know you could touch the ball without it hitting the ground.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
No, we're not. I sent him a PM last night and he's decided he's going to ignore it until he gets kicked off...
THIS is why I love this site.

I visit other sites from time to time but don't frequent and definitely don't post.

BOT:

Clemson's defense will definitely cause us more problems than we saw against OU. They have a blueprint generated by UGA to follow and they have the players to execute it. If Wills doesn't clean up his mental errors it's gonna cost us in false start's, holding calls and QB pressures.

Our scheme against their offense will be a more traditional approach like we saw in the SEC-CG second half. Trevor Lawrence is gonna get his shots but he won't be anywhere near as comfortable as the Domer's allowed.

Not gonna give a score prediction but I think Bama covers the current 6, and then some.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.