Rich Rodriguez to Ole Miss as OC

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They have the right personnel for his offense. Not sure if it will work in the SEC, though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry I thought that Ta'amu was coming back. Corral is a pro-set QB. Ouch!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not particularly. His scheme is a zone read based spread option, not unlike Auburn. We tend to rely more on power though. His is all about finesse.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe Rich knows Khalil Tate will graduate and transfer to Ole Miss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe Rich knows Khalil Tate will graduate and transfer to Ole Miss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
May tick Corral, one of the highest ranked QB commits Ole Miss ever reeled in, off enough to transfer.

Who knows. Rich Rod’s a creative OC. Maybe he could do something with the tools available. Ole Miss is going to have a dearth of experience at WR and along the line next season though.

Last edited:

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Wait...just chased Tyler Murray for 4 quarters and now you're saying Khalil Tate is going there? oy vey. I am definitely going to Oxford to watch Cal play there.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The only dual threat QB on their roster is the kid that they just signed from Allen, TX - Tisdale. Every other QB on their roster is a pro-set.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I fell in love with his offense when he was at Tulane and later WVU. But something happened at Michigan. I don’t know if it got exposed or what but it hasn’t been the same in quite some time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A lot of that was Michigan at the time. Too many hands in the pie.
Not really - he inherited a loaded roster and ran it into the ground with his philosophy that did not match the talent. Had nothing to do with those who didn't like his offense. They only got involved after the misery was well established.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Not really - he inherited a loaded roster and ran it into the ground with his philosophy that did not match the talent. Had nothing to do with those who didn't like his offense. They only got involved after the misery was well established.
IIRC there was a crap ton of attrition, the most impactful of which was Ryan Mallet transferring (supposedly on Lloyd Carr’s recommendation, no less) and they wouldn’t let him hire his preference at DC.

That’s not to say a lot of it wasn’t Rich Rod, because like a lot of those offensive gurus (think Leach or Mumme), they can be odd birds that really rub folks the wrong way.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Wait...just chased Tyler Murray for 4 quarters and now you're saying Khalil Tate is going there? oy vey. I am definitely going to Oxford to watch Cal play there.
He is no Kyler Murray. That guy is unbelievably quick. I can imagine him running down fly balls in the out field. I bet he has some serious range. Range worthy of a top ten pick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.