Rich Rodriguez to Ole Miss as OC

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
It'll take a couple of recruiting cycles to get the type players he needs to run his offense. If he can get them looking good next year, he may get the head coaching gig. I think his offense will struggle against SEC speed.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Doesn't really matter as long as they continue to not play defense.
Agreed. As much as Hugh Freeze was heralded, his Achilles Heel was his lack of interest in recruiting on the defensive side of the ball.

The whole Land Shark thing grew out of the defense that Coach Yaw Yaw recruited, and Hootie Nutt inherited. They were salty and had swagger.

But that was 10 years ago. Bring the "land shark" meme back now was the height of comedy.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Reading over some other boards, there are quite a few 12Rsee fans who feel that Pruitt is going to hire Sarkisian as their OC...............many calling him a home run, like many Ole Sis fans feel about Rich Rod...............

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
If Rodriguez had took the Bama job how many coaching changes do you think we would have made if Saban didn't take the job?

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
This is strictly speculation, but I think Rodriguez would have lasted 4 years max. Beyond that I have no clue .
Never can tell, maybe he will come full circle. The story could unfold something like this: Turned down the HC job in ‘07 only to come on Saban’s staff in 2021 as an offensive analyst. [emoji23]. 30k a year. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.