SEC CG proposal

Kmqybama

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 29, 2018
First post from a long time lurker.

This is proposal is half serious, half tongue in cheek. Assume UGA takes care of business and whips Texas soundly in the Sugar Bowl. Should Sankey then announce that the SEC is considering moving the championship game to the last Saturday in January so the committee can no longer use it as an elimination game for the field of 4? It would never happen but I would love hearing the rest of the country whine!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

This is proposal is half serious, half tongue in cheek. Assume UGA takes care of business and whips Texas soundly in the Sugar Bowl. Should Sankey then announce that the SEC is considering moving the championship game to the last Saturday in January so the committee can no longer use it as an elimination game for the field of 4? It would never happen but I would love hearing the rest of the country whine!
Welcome to the best site for TideFans in the whole wide world and Roll Tide!

Not sure how this idea originated, but to be blunt - no.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I think its a great idea and I'm going to contact my buddy in the REC, to see about getting this implemented!!!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

ND slipped in playing no title game, and one less game than Alabama, Clemson, or Oklahoma. ND should never be considered for a playoff game, until they join a conference and maybe play a conference championship game. Georgia got beat by the #1 team in America (Us), and that kept them out.
Georgia was a better team than ND. Wasn't the goal of a playoff system, to have the best teams play one another.
If the SEC did away with our Championship game, and played an additional SEC game we would be on an equal footing with ND. I kind of like our SEC Championship Game, but it might one day keep us or another SEC team from having a shot to play in the playoffs.

BTW: Welcome to TideFans.

Last edited:

Kmqybama

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 29, 2018
If the SEC did away with our Championship game, and played an additional SEC game we would be on an equal footing with ND. I kind of like our SEC Championship Game, but it might one day keep us or another SEC team from having a shot to play in the playoffs.
That is the half serious part of my post. It’s likely that with no SEC CG both UGA and Bama would have been in the field of 4 this year.

If if that happens again the conference needs to rethink how to keep it from being a de facto elimination game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.