Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Interesting article TW, thanks for sharing. Like most predictions, some he nailed, some he pretty much whiffed on.
I do not read much fiction, but I found Asimov's Foundation series to be exceptionally well thought out. You cannot predict history precisely, but on a grand scale you can predict trends, and, having predicted trends, you can take steps to mitigate the adverse consequences. I found that thought-provoking.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I do not read much fiction, but I found Asimov's Foundation series to be exceptionally well thought out. You cannot predict history precisely, but on a grand scale you can predict trends, and, having predicted trends, you can take steps to mitigate the adverse consequences. I found that thought-provoking.
Read'em all...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
BTW, do you speak French also?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I was on a science-fiction kick when I was much younger, Asimov's Foundation series was almost required reading. I can't remember the plot or anything else about it now, and I wonder if I would enjoy rereading it now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.