Slightly OT: Is Anyone Else Noticing The Higher Than Normal Number Of NFL HC Firings?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't really follow the NFL that close but what amazes me is how they keep hiring the same folks over and over again expecting different results.
Yep. I think everyone thinks they will find their Belichick. He wasn't great with the Browns (36-44), but became great with the Pats. Pete Carroll failed at 2 previous stops in the NFL but became good with Seattle.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I'll tell you why. GM's in the NFL are hot for these College Coaches now who run an offense like Lincoln Riley does at Norman. (Riley is a hot name right now as matter of fact) and every NFL Franchise wants that next Sean McVay (a young cocky offensive minded head coach who throws the ball around the yard because the NFL rules are tweaked for that kind of style now)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
There's a lot of things in life I don't understand. One of those are people who are diehard college football fans and don't at least follow / watch the NFL casually. Really bizarre to me but different strokes for different folks I suppose..
Same here. I don't really have a set team that I root for...maybe the Patriots. But, I love to watch NFL and see former Bama players.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
N.F.L. = Not For Long

There's been some awful performances this year. I'm not as avid a fan as I used to be. I won't get into the why's but suffice to say I grew up in a "different" era.

Miami has been my team since moving to Florida in '70 and I'm happy they canned Gase! We could use a new QB as well.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Out of curiosity more than anything, was Freddie eating some chicken wings an drinking a beer when he said this? ��������
It wasn't for nothing that Freddie used to be called Fat Freddy.
I loved watching Freddy play. People would pile on him only to discover Freddy was strong.
He didn't go down easy.
One of the knocks on Freddy at Alabama, was he put just as much steam on a 10 yard pass, as he did a 50 yard pass.
Some of our receivers had the ball bounce off them.
That may say as much about the receivers as it did Freddy.

I like Freddy, and wish him well.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It wasn't for nothing that Freddie used to be called Fat Freddy.
I loved watching Freddy play. People would pile on him only to discover Freddy was strong.
He didn't go down easy.
One of the knocks on Freddy at Alabama, was he put just as much steam on a 10 yard pass, as he did a 50 yard pass.
Some of our receivers had the ball bounce off them.
That may say as much about the receivers as it did Freddy.

I like Freddy, and wish him well.
COUNTRY STRONG! He probably had a little fun with Baker Mayfield this week!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.