Tua needs to break tendencies for a Title. - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar

Re: Tua needs to break tendencies for a Title.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    It’s no secret that Tua knows where he is going with the ball pre snap. Most quarterbacks that can read a defense do the same thing. That’s one of his strengths. Reading defense. I think that characterization is over simplification. You still have to follow your route progressions. I think his top to bottom route progression may be more of a liability. Never more evidenced in the long pick. He read the safety presnap, thought Jeudy read the same, but Jeudy saw the safety rotating ove where Tua read a go route. They weren’t on the same page, but the ball probably shouldn’t have been thrown. But if Jeudy runs the go route, I don’t think it’s a pick, just an incomplete pass. Tua and Jeudy , for all their success, have had issues all year with reliever option read routes.
    There was a replay on that second INT where it showed more of Jeudy would've seen from his vantage point, and I just feel that because of what Jeudy saw, he didn't run the speed for a go route like he normally would've. Maybe that's where Clemson was changing their coverages post-snap, but Tua will learn how to get better at these post-snap decisions.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

Yeah, the second INT was strange. He over threw Jeudy. Not to change subjects in the thread, but did anyone else think there should have been a block in the back penalty there? Seemed like their guys pushed Jeudy, but I couldn't tell if he slipped/lost his balance or what.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

From his presser, I don't think Tua has a clear idea at this point as what all he did wrong. I think he's still waiting for the staff to tell him. I hope they can and, not only that, I hope they can keep it from happening again, since we will see Clemson's tactics all next year...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Yeah, the second INT was strange. He over threw Jeudy. Not to change subjects in the thread, but did anyone else think there should have been a block in the back penalty there? Seemed like their guys pushed Jeudy, but I couldn't tell if he slipped/lost his balance or what.
    I'll have to confess that I erased it. Probably shouldn't have...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaTide View Post
    There was a replay on that second INT where it showed more of Jeudy would've seen from his vantage point, and I just feel that because of what Jeudy saw, he didn't run the speed for a go route like he normally would've. Maybe that's where Clemson was changing their coverages post-snap, but Tua will learn how to get better at these post-snap decisions.
    I think he read the safety rotating over and was going to break to the inside, thats why he didnt run full speed off the line. This is probably a good example of a tendency and good film study by the Clemson safety. Supposedly their liability.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

Hey skeeterpop, can you PM me this week's winning Powerball numbers?

Thanks

After the pick? It was more of a helmet to the back, I saw that . Should of been a penalty, but what can you do?
    to 16 and beyond........

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    After the pick? It was more of a helmet to the back, I saw that . Should of been a penalty, but what can you do?
    Nothing. The calls leaned their way all night, but that was just one of the problems...

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    From his presser, I don't think Tua has a clear idea at this point as what all he did wrong. I think he's still waiting for the staff to tell him. I hope they can and, not only that, I hope they can keep it from happening again, since we will see Clemson's tactics all next year...
    I think some of it is very few teams have the personnel to execute what Clemson does. They don't have the talent on the coaching staff or the rosters. But we will certainly see it replicated. I think he will learn. To this point I see no reason to doubt.
    And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaTide View Post
    From the overhead angle they showed it looked like Jeudy recognized that he was in essentially triple coverage and covered up by the safety and slowed down on the route about the time the ball was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post

No, from the presser, he didn’t seem to take failure very well. Couldn’t help but think of the belt meme at that time. He should of been more complimentary of Clemson. Yes, he didn’t execute on the bad passes. But Clemson did and made a better play than he did. I don’t think Nick liked the way the players handled the presser blaming themselves and not giving Clemson credit.

I guess we will see what kind of QB coach we have in Dan Enos. Adam Gaze is available, don’t think he has a job yet!
    Last edited by bamaga; January 8th, 2019 at 09:38 AM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-SEC tide power fan's Avatar

Yes I agree, said as much at the time it should have came back to the 5

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    Tua was exposed last night. He will have to adjust.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I have to apologize to him as well. He was right and I was wrong as well. Tua got exposed last night.... HE will have to adjust in offseason.
    I think it's an overstatement to say he was "exposed." He made two bad mistakes on those INTs. I think they simply found a way to use his skill against him. Credit to Clemson.