Pick the score: Alabama vs. Clemson

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i'm not quite sold on the Lawrence hype right now. we'll see next week. solid QB though. nobody is stopping a healthy Tua. A healthy Tua is worth at least 40 pts minimum. As long as Etianne or however you spell doesnt break one i see a 48-30 type game.. and in my eyes we end the season with the greatest college football season ever

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
surprised at the disrespect for clemson's D. i think its more like 28-24.
Some may be wondering if it is really top notch because of the overtly weak teams the ACC produced this year. I mean some of the offenses they faced were beyond feeble. I just think Bama finds a way to score regardless of the opponent. Just ask OK. They avg. 50 per game and like we thought, when they faced a competent competitive defense that number plunged. If Bama can hold the cough cough best offense ever seen this side of the Milky Way to 14 less points surely they can slow Clempson down some.

I would have been spot on with 52 but CNS went with class so I got 45 in the Orange [emoji521] Bowl. I’ll take the 45 this time and dock the Tigers the Bama 15 from their avg. and give them 30.

With their depth though I could definitely see the Tigers taking 15 off Bama’s avg. too and not be overly surprised which would give us 32-30. See, that would give Bamacon a stroke next Monday so I’ll stick with

45-30 Bama RTR18!!! [emoji1303][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i'm not quite sold on the Lawrence hype right now. we'll see next week. solid QB though. nobody is stopping a healthy Tua. A healthy Tua is worth at least 40 pts minimum. As long as Etianne or however you spell doesnt break one i see a 48-30 type game.. and in my eyes we end the season with the greatest college football season ever
Lawrence is like Fromm in that his release is something that can be very scary.

Add the fact that Hunter renfrow has been a thorn in our side. Granted we played we him well last year, but also consider that Kelly Bryant isn’t a great passer. So he seems to be a problem still

One thing extremely in our favor is that Lawrence doesn’t run like Deshaun or Kyler. But he is extremely accurate outside the pocket. Point is Lawrence isn’t Deshaun but he is going to be a problem if we don’t get constant pressure and Hunter renfrow is allowed to run wild.

I tend think Vegas has it right on the button but I’m a little more optimistic than the fpi. I think Clemson is most comparable to UGA than anyone on our schedule.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I don't think Klempson scores as much as Kyler & Co did.
Crimson Tide - 41
Tigers - 27

Bama gets 5 touchdowns and 2 field goals.
Tigers get 3 touchdowns and 2 field goals.
It's gonna be tough in the red zone for both teams.

Last edited:

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I'm pretty sure our D is better than ND though hard to judge how much Clemson was sandbagging their game--I'll go with 38-27 but hope the spread is a little more and our D holds the points down even more. I was going to finish by saying something cliche-ish like "this is the team we were built to beat" but truth is I think we are built to beat em all! Will leave that particular cliche for the Dabos and the gazillion pundits already telling the tale of Sir Lawrence and King Dabo!

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I think after a week of hearing about how awesome Clemson's defensive front is, ours will be eager to introduce themselves to young Master Lawrence. Yes, he has a quick release, but a quick release against the likes of N.C. State's defensive line, and a quick release against Quinnen and Company is a whole different plate of abalone.

On the other side of the coin, Tua is going to straight up shred their secondary.

Alabama Crimson Tide: 48
Auburn With a Lake: 24

I think a lot of those points on their ledger come late, when the game is over.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
41-28... ROLL TIDE ROLL.
Guess we will see if Dabo's boys can stop our Passing attack,
and our Rushing attack.
Smart money sez no.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
45-20 if the playing surface is OK, reasonably dry. The weather will be huge in this game both at game time and leading up to the game. Sloppy field, I’m going 31-23

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
If there are any teams in the nation that "can" beat us...it's UGA and Clempson. We got out of the UGA with a win but this game will have the same feel to it. Barn burner...physical...intense...and 3 or 4 plays will decide the game. Both teams are elite, both are well coached...both have great leaders. There is a lot of bravado on this thread!
Bama 34 Clempson 31 #RTR Note: if we don't pressure Lawrence and knock him around...he will shred us...same for Clempson if they give Tua time, he'll do the same. May be the difference in the whole game.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If there are any teams in the nation that "can" beat us...it's UGA and Clempson. We got out of the UGA with a win but this game will have the same feel to it. Barn burner...physical...intense...and 3 or 4 plays will decide the game. Both teams are elite, both are well coached...both have great leaders. There is a lot of bravado on this thread!
Bama 34 Clempson 31 #RTR Note: if we don't pressure Lawrence and knock him around...he will shred us...same for Clempson if they give Tua time, he'll do the same. May be the difference in the whole game.
No bravado on my part - I’m looking at the body of work.
ND was no offensive “powerhouse” by any stretch. DL’S replacement won’t play the whole game and I don’t think he is as good (at least not yet), certainly not as big. Bama should be able to run on them.
But just like Saturday, take what they give you. SC torched Clemson’s secondary - you know, that passing juggernaut SC - and that was relatively late in the year.
Tua has time to throw, it’s over.
Bama’s secondary >>>>>>>Clemson’s secondary. I think that’s where the game will be won or lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
surprised at the disrespect for clemson's D. i think its more like 28-24.
You pretty much stole my prediction. So I’ll give a slight boost to Bama’s total with a nod to Tua.

I think Clemson’s D is legit. It’s their offense that I think is a little overrated and will be kept in check by QW and friends. I expect Trev L. to be chased (and caught) around the backfield all night long.

31-24 Bama. And if I’m off, I think I’m probably giving too many points to both teams. May end up closer to 24-20.

I guess we’re in an extreme minority, thinking this will be a close, relatively low-scoring affair. Hope we’re both wrong.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
You pretty much stole my prediction. So I’ll give a slight boost to Bama’s total with a nod to Tua.

I think Clemson’s D is legit. It’s their offense that I think is a little overrated and will be kept in check by QW and friends. I expect Trev L. to be chased (and caught) around the backfield all night long.

31-24 Bama. And if I’m off, I think I’m probably giving too many points to both teams. May end up closer to 24-20.

I guess we’re in an extreme minority, thinking this will be a close, relatively low-scoring affair. Hope we’re both wrong.
I’m also surprised Clemson D not getting more respect. Bama played 3 teams with comparable defenses (LSU, MSU, UGA) & scored 29, 24, & 35. It is not unreasonable to think
Bama output will be similar vs tigers. 28-24 is not a bad prediction, but I’ll go with 31-24 Bama.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know that this guarantees nothing, but Alabama's SOS is so much better than Clemson's that the two are not even comparable. Alabama still has to execute, but the reality is that Alabama has a much broader advantage than the stats show because of the difference in the level of the teams that those stats were produced against.

Check out the numbers here: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei

Alabama's PSOS is ranked #20 while Clemson's is ranked #101.

Strength of Schedule ratings (PSOS) represent the average number of losses an elite team (two standard deviations better than average) would have against the team's regular season schedule to date.
The great thing about these ratings is that they are calculated on non-garbage time play only, and they remove FCS opponents. In other words, this represents how the teams played against opponents when the game was in doubt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.