Pick the score: Alabama vs. Clemson

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
For those of us gauging our moxie on the UGA game, that egg they laid yesterday—and the whipping they took on both sides of the LOS can’t inspire confidence! Still think we win but it would have been a more confident “think” if two SEC Bullies had shown up better.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Just don’t see it being that close unless our O is totally shut down.
Well, I really hope I am wrong and made some mistakes with my calculations. I always do them 4 different ways, then average those results. Sometimes, I get pretty close (I called the SECCG at 35-27) and other times I miss by a mile (I choose to forget those). But with my calculations, it could actually go either way (one of the methods actually had Clemson winning the game 34-30). The narrowest margin I got was in the neighborhood of .08 points with Bama ahead. The widest margin was near 8 points for Bama. The game won't be played on my spreadsheet though, so who knows?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Well, I really hope I am wrong and made some mistakes with my calculations. I always do them 4 different ways, then average those results. Sometimes, I get pretty close (I called the SECCG at 35-27) and other times I miss by a mile (I choose to forget those). But with my calculations, it could actually go either way (one of the methods actually had Clemson winning the game 34-30). The narrowest margin I got was in the neighborhood of .08 points with Bama ahead. The widest margin was near 8 points for Bama. The game won't be played on my spreadsheet though, so who knows?
"Sometimes, I get pretty close (I called the SECCG at 35-27) and other times I miss by a mile (I choose to forget those)"...You should be a weather forecaster.

OldNavyTider

1st Team
Apr 16, 2007
Mount Olive, Alabama
For those of us gauging our moxie on the UGA game, that egg they laid yesterday—and the whipping they took on both sides of the LOS can’t inspire confidence! Still think we win but it would have been a more confident “think” if two SEC Bullies had shown up better.
Georgia had nothing to play for, against Texas, and had no motivation. Kind of like Bama, after losing to Auburn in 2013. Bama then played uninspired football against Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl, and lost. Bama got Georgia's full attention in the 2018 SECCG. The Georgia team Bama beat was a different team that Texas beat.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
On the Bama News thread there's an article about how Clemson will know if Dexter Lawrence can play in the final sometime this week.

I gather this has something to do with an appeal?

How would he be eligible for our game if he was suspended for the semi-final based upon a 2nd positive sample?

will the NCAA just way "well, he's leaving for the NFL so who cares, let him play?"

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Idk why but I just don't feel great about this game. The more I think about it the more I worry. Tua is going to have to be really zoned in for this one.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
On the Bama News thread there's an article about how Clemson will know if Dexter Lawrence can play in the final sometime this week.

I gather this has something to do with an appeal?

How would he be eligible for our game if he was suspended for the semi-final based upon a 2nd positive sample?

will the NCAA just way "well, he's leaving for the NFL so who cares, let him play?"
This is about Dabo being Dabo.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Idk why but I just don't feel great about this game. The more I think about it the more I worry. Tua is going to have to be really zoned in for this one.
When I did the stats on the game, I was shocked at how equal everything was. The averages point to a one point game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
When I did the stats on the game, I was shocked at how equal everything was. The averages point to a one point game.
Our senior class is currently 55-3 which is the most wins by a senior class beating our own record. Clemson's senior class is 54-4 so if they beat us their senior class will tie our record. Hoping we have the record late Monday night.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
If O line hangs in there
38 clem
35 bama
If O line buckles
35 bama
14 clem
if Bama scores 35 and your O-line plays well, then logically Bama would score more than 35 if your O-line doesn't play well because Bama would likely get more possessions/better field position, etc.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
They are suspended, but this is Dabo pretending that there is a chance.
ok, that makes more sense.

when he was on the sideline my wife asked who he was and when i told her he was a player she said, "I thought he was one of the coaches, he looks like he's 35 years old."

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
ok, that makes more sense.

when he was on the sideline my wife asked who he was and when i told her he was a player she said, "I thought he was one of the coaches, he looks like he's 35 years old."

ClemsonFan89

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2017
Aiken SC
It's very unlikely they will find the source if it was salt like they were suspecting then it's probably already been used. If it has something to do with a cream or something that was used for the injuries then it's already gone as well. There is like a 2% chance they will be back and that's pushing it. Hate it turned out that way for them because I don't believe they intentionally took anything but it is what it is. Don't know why they are allowing it to be produced at the rate that it is considering it's a banned substance. Athaletes shouldn't have to worry about contaminated products.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.