Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Cousin Clems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Are they replacing the turf on the field prior to the game? I’m watching the Redbox Bowl and the field looks pretty rough.

Also, it seems pretty windy there. Is that an anomaly or a frequent occurrence for that area and if it’s a frequent thing, who does it favor if we get a windy game?
I just flipped that game on, and yes, that field looks terrible. I don't think they have time to replace a whole field, but that surface needs work! Still don't know how they were able to get a championship game there.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
A week? I've been waiting for this game for almost a year now.
The build up is hard with all of the smack talk from the newer posters from other teams, but then it is fun reading the mods shut them down. I always hate it when posts get deleted and I didn't get to read them first.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This is the first year/game that the wife and I AREN'T attending in the Bama post season in nearly a decade.

Where it's located is the only factor. Wish it had been played literally anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I canceled my ticket order mostly for this reason as well. It just looks like there are going to be some bad seats in this venue. Tampa a couple years ago was an absolute dump to be hosting a NC. If its there again I won't be attending. The Rose Bowl and Phoenix are great venues along with Dallas, New Orleans, and Atlanta. That enough venues rotate between.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
The build up is hard with all of the smack talk from the newer posters from other teams, but then it is fun reading the mods shut them down. I always hate it when posts get deleted and I didn't get to read them first.
The trick.....look through the replies. Most people quote the original post so you get all the sinful deliciousness.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Are they replacing the turf on the field prior to the game? I’m watching the Redbox Bowl and the field looks pretty rough.

Also, it seems pretty windy there. Is that an anomaly or a frequent occurrence for that area and if it’s a frequent thing, who does it favor if we get a windy game?
I just flipped that game on, and yes, that field looks terrible. I don't think they have time to replace a whole field, but that surface needs work! Still don't know how they were able to get a championship game there.
I don't see how they can do anything BUT put a new turf down. It was terrible.

T Bone

1st Team
continue the process.............roll tide! I am confident. Tired of hearing the two totally football ignorant clempson fans at my workplace mouth off. I asked one of them today, how may players does clempson have on the field for each play, she look at me kinda blankly and said 15? bingo. I told her you will need 15 on defense to stop us, again roll tide!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Folks in the replies saying that the field is being re-sodded tonight.
Just me, but I would rather no game be played within two weeks of the championship game. Gives plenty of time for the sod to settle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
A big ol' Roll Tide from Orlando, where I've had the unanticipated-yet-great pleasure of eliciting scowls and twisted up faces from Michigan fans while reppin' my Bama gear at the resort on Saturday, and Penn State fans today after unwittingly happening upon their hotel while looking for the UPS store which happened to be located there... :biggrin:

Beyond pumped for next Monday, though I'd be lying if I said that I'm not more than a wee bit nervous.

Prayers goin' up for Christian Miller's recovery.

Oh and, forgot to mention, also bumped into some UK fans today, and told them I hope they beat the brakes off PSU.

RTR!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't know the rotation for the semis and championship games, but I really think they ought to keep them in domed stadiums and preferably at ATL, NOLA, Dallas and Pheonix.

Wait and see, we'll eventually have one of these games ruined with playing in an outdoor stadium in late Dec. and early January.

That was pretty freaky for south Florida to be that humid this time of year, but it could have easily been a frog choking rain. My buddy who's going next week said it looks like rain for Saturday, Sunday and Monday out in the Bay area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.