Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Cousin Clems...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don't know the rotation for the semis and championship games, but I really think they ought to keep them in domed stadiums and preferably at ATL, NOLA, Dallas and Pheonix.

Wait and see, we'll eventually have one of these games ruined with playing in an outdoor stadium in late Dec. and early January.

That was pretty freaky for south Florida to be that humid this time of year, but it could have easily been a frog choking rain. My buddy who's going next week said it looks like rain for Saturday, Sunday and Monday out in the Bay area.

By contrast, it will be nicer in TTown

Gonna be fun on that newly sodded turf!

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

By contrast, it will be nicer in TTown

Gonna be fun on that newly sodded turf!
I have seen scenarios like this, when there was inadequate bonding time for the roots, where the turf came up in large chunks when the players made sharp cuts, etc. Hope I'm wrong...

ARollTideDad

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2018
I have seen scenarios like this, when there was inadequate bonding time for the roots, where the turf came up in large chunks when the players made sharp cuts, etc. Hope I'm wrong...
I have this concern. Re-sodding isn't a magic fix.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
My concern is the venue as is the new sod. Well I guess both teams can expect the same field so it is a problem for both. Still sucks but also looking forward to the game very much. Thinking about taking tuesday off because it will be a late game. Roll Tide!!!!!!!!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
This is common weather for that part of CA this time of year. I thought the TB site in Raymond James was a bad location until this one was announced. Why chance ....poor weather and field conditions for your BIGGEST GAME when you have incredible dome venues all over the place? Just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I was worried about that at the Orange [emoji521] Bowl too but the field looked great. Usually that turf is HORRIBLE. the crews that do the fields for the CFP have been top notch lately. A week of rain though is a week of rain.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was worried about that at the Orange [emoji521] Bowl too but the field looked great. Usually that turf is HORRIBLE. the crews that do the fields for the CFP have been top notch lately. A week of rain though is a week of rain.

Do they have a roving CFP crew for everywhere, or is the prep done by the local stadium crew?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I just hope it don't lead to injuries. Hopefully if the field isn't safe they will postpone it and find a different solution.
How could they do that with fans already bought tickets and travelled?

"Weather" we like it or not they'll play the game there with good field conditions or not.

As I said earlier, game shouldn't have been scheduled in an outdoor venue.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How could they do that with fans already bought tickets and travelled?

"Weather" we like it or not they'll play the game there with good field conditions or not.

As I said earlier, game shouldn't have been scheduled in an outdoor venue.
I tend to agree. There's just nowhere in the country where decent outdoor weather can be guaranteed at the beginning of January. I know the pros get used to playing in snow, etc. Most college kids aren't...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I tend to agree. There's just nowhere in the country where decent outdoor weather can be guaranteed at the beginning of January. I know the pros get used to playing in snow, etc. Most college kids aren't...
IMO, these games should all be in domed stadiums.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is what it is - we can only hope for the best. IMO, in this game, Alabama has the better athletes and a bad field will help Clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.