Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Cousin Clems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemsonFan89

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2017
Aiken SC
That would be akin to hoping one's team suddenly plays good defense when it hasn't all year. It is what it is and that ain't gonna happen.
Wasn't worried about defense and I know they won't postpone. I was being sarcastic more than anything. I should have put an eye roll emoji. just don't wont to see any players getting seriously injured due to field mismanagement. If the field is in really bad shape due to wet loose sod and players are getting injured it's going to be a sad game to watch.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Postponing isn't really an option, nor is changing it to another stadium unless it's inside and very close to Levi stadium. Any place like that exist?

I imagine that stadiums across the country "bid" you have the big game played there. I mean, what other connection does Levi stadium have to college football. It's not even in a college football market.

This cash grab by whoever runs it all may well screw the fans and the teams. Indoor stadiums for playoffs and championships. At that point both teams should be playing in ideal conditions so you get to see their best.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Wasn't worried about defense and I know they won't postpone. I was being sarcastic more than anything. I should have put an eye roll emoji. just don't wont to see any players getting seriously injured due to field mismanagement. If the field is in really bad shape due to wet loose sod and players are getting injured it's going to be a sad game to watch.
Your team has actually played good defense all year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As the others have said, you have missed his sarcasm, which was aimed at OU, a lot of whose fans somehow expected their defense to dramatically improve...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
An even bigger issue of drying the field out would be sunshine to help the grass develop some roots.
I recall the Packers re-sodding Lambeau Field before an NFC Championship game. They used very large rolls of sod that were rolled out by machine across the field. One great advantage they have of course are the heat tubes underneath the field but I recall the game went very well on the new turf.

Big if, but if they do this type of re-sodding at the site of the championship game it should provide a relatively good surface for the game. Providing of course that they have adequate drainage for the rain the field will likely see prior to the game.

Fingers crossed no one wants to see a field that comes apart during the game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I recall the Packers re-sodding Lambeau Field before an NFC Championship game. They used very large rolls of sod that were rolled out by machine across the field. One great advantage they have of course are the heat tubes underneath the field but I recall the game went very well on the new turf.

Big if, but if they do this type of re-sodding at the site of the championship game it should provide a relatively good surface for the game. Providing of course that they have adequate drainage for the rain the field will likely see prior to the game.

Fingers crossed no one wants to see a field that comes apart during the game.
I might be completely off base here, but isn't that the only reasonable way to sod an area that size?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I might be completely off base here, but isn't that the only reasonable way to sod an area that size?
If it is permanent, yes. If not, there are pallet solutions to emergency sodding issues in stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.