Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Cousin Clems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

DESCRIPTIONHIGH / LOWPRECIPWINDHUMIDITY
TODAY

JAN 2
Sunny59[SUP]°[/SUP]35[SUP]°[/SUP]
0%
NNW 6 mph34%
THU

JAN 3
Mostly Sunny59[SUP]°[/SUP]40[SUP]°[/SUP]
0%
NNE 5 mph49%
FRI

JAN 4
Partly Cloudy59[SUP]°[/SUP]46[SUP]°[/SUP]
0%
S 8 mph57%
SAT

JAN 5
Rain/Wind57[SUP]°[/SUP]48[SUP]°[/SUP]
90%
S 20 mph73%
SUN

JAN 6
Mostly Sunny58[SUP]°[/SUP]47[SUP]°[/SUP]
10%
SW 7 mph66%
MON

JAN 7
Mostly Cloudy61[SUP]°[/SUP]49[SUP]°[/SUP]
10%
SSE 12 mph65%
TUE

JAN 8
Showers
Looks like the weather outlook has improved.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
"Why chance ....poor weather and field conditions for your BIGGEST GAME when you have incredible dome venues all over the place?"

let's see. Maybe it's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
This is common weather for that part of CA this time of year. I thought the TB site in Raymond James was a bad location until this one was announced. Why chance ....poor weather and field conditions for your BIGGEST GAME when you have incredible dome venues all over the place? Just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve thought the same thing since the NC game in Tampa back in the 2016 season. I’m a traditionalist and believe that the game should be played outdoors, except for the semi-finals and NC. Weather should never be a factor in those games, IMO.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I’ve thought the same thing since the NC game in Tampa back in the 2016 season. I’m a traditionalist and believe that the game should be played outdoors, except for the semi-finals and NC. Weather should never be a factor in those games, IMO.

This

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ARollTideDad

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2018
I must be the only one that doesn't want the Championship game in a dome, exclusively. Football feels 'saccharine' in a dome.

(Doesn't mean I want it at Levi's Stadium either...terrible, terrible situation)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I must be the only one that doesn't want the Championship game in a dome, exclusively. Football feels 'saccharine' in a dome.

(Doesn't mean I want it at Levi's Stadium either...terrible, terrible situation)
Venue is my concern. RJ in Tampa and Levi Stadium just flat out suck. I’ve seen nicer high school stadiums and I’m not joking. Field has been an issue at both, weather can be sketchy, and it’s just an uncomfortable place for a game. JMO but there are many better spots both indoor and outdoor for this type of game. Lastly, the ease of attending should be considered as well.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
This is a pretty good post from a Clemson fan on their 247 board...

LINK
That was a fairly reasonable post. I agreed on everything except when he said that Bama's WR's VS their DB's was strength on strength. That's not true. But he concedes that we hold the edge here. I also severely disagreed that their D-line EVEN WITHOUT LAWERENCE, was the best in a decade.

I will laugh if this turns into a lopsided affair for either team (laughing through tears if it tilts against Bama) since everyone is saying it's going to be one of the tightest most epic games in CFB history. I want Bama to suck the air out of the room and just leave fans wishing they hadn't even paid the historically low price for tickets to attend. I want viewership to nosedive midway through the 3rd quarter. I want Saban screaming at his players in the 4th because they gave up a garbage time TD.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Weird stat that doesn't really mean anything. Trevor Lawrence actually has more pass attempts this year than Tua. TL has 365 to Tua's 321.

Again, doesn't mean much but I just found it a little surprising.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That was a fairly reasonable post. I agreed on everything except when he said that Bama's WR's VS their DB's was strength on strength. That's not true. But he concedes that we hold the edge here. I also severely disagreed that their D-line EVEN WITHOUT LAWERENCE, was the best in a decade.

I will laugh if this turns into a lopsided affair for either team (laughing through tears if it tilts against Bama) since everyone is saying it's going to be one of the tightest most epic games in CFB history. I want Bama to suck the air out of the room and just leave fans wishing they hadn't even paid the historically low price for tickets to attend. I want viewership to nosedive midway through the 3rd quarter. I want Saban screaming at his players in the 4th because they gave up a garbage time TD.
i want to see tua (or jalen) and pierschbacher throw down over a bad snap count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.