Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Cousin Clems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
A football field is a football field. Personally, I would rather have one that is not rain soaked, coverd in snow, or wind swept, but each to their own preference.
Totally agree, and I’m a traditionalist in the sense that I subscribe to the belief that the game should be played outside for the most part. Can you imagine the type of game and how miserable it would have been last year if the game were played in a stadium in Atlanta that wasn’t a dome? Rain mixed with sleet and cold, it was awful. In 2016 when we played in Tampa my worry was winter thunderstorms that occasionally roll through. Central FL, the lightning capital of the world. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Anyone else hearing that the spread has dropped to -5, and -4.5 Alabama, from the opening of -6.5?

Last year it was -3.5 at kickoff (which shows how awesome Vegas is at their job) but I was curious why the 1-2 pt drop?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I thought it looked like a guy - wearing the #1 jersey? Hard to know for sure with the resolution of the vid...
It was a guy, but there were a few women waving pom-poms. Not sure that either looked like her.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
Anyone else hearing that the spread has dropped to -5, and -4.5 Alabama, from the opening of -6.5?

Last year it was -3.5 at kickoff (which shows how awesome Vegas is at their job) but I was curious why the 1-2 pt drop?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The pros are pouring money in on Clemson. It happened the same way the year they beat us....

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The pros are pouring money in on Clemson. It happened the same way the year they beat us....

I don't understand the pro money this time. I got it last time because our offense was dysfunctional. I think we're gonna do to their offense what they did to ours in 2016.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Business trip. LOVE this.
Ummmmm.....there is a certain website that has made a certain prediction....and I'm sure you would be happy to look at it, and then post something about it.....

Just sayin.......it's all there waiting for you.

And if someone else posts is first -- I'm going to hold you personally responsible if we lose ;)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Let's remember that basically the same core defense with all of the same DL studs save the suspended Dexter Lawrence was mostly contained by our offense in the Sugar Bowl last year. This was at the peak of Jalen Hurt being in a massive mental and physical block as a passer too. If you could put late 2018 Jalen Hurts on that 2017 offense, the final would be 42-6 instead of 24-6. Look, I ain't expecting that kind of score but if we can emulate the OL performance in pass protection and run blocking then we're gonna score more than we did last year because we're better at quarterback regardless of which one we play. They're gonna score more because their offense is better with Lawrence than Bryant. These two teams really aren't that much different than last year save quarterback so it is really just a matter of extrapolating the difference each makes. That is kinda how I arrived at 34-20.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't understand the pro money this time. I got it last time because our offense was dysfunctional. I think we're gonna do to their offense what they did to ours in 2016.
It is happening for 2 reasons - Clemson covers its games and Alabama does not. Also, the last 2 championship games between these two teams were closer than the line that they were taking. If the line was "even", the money would be on Alabama.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It is happening for 2 reasons - Clemson covers its games and Alabama does not. Also, the last 2 championship games between these two teams were closer than the line that they were taking. If the line was "even", the money would be on Alabama.
There's a very good reason Bama doesn't usually cover... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.