Made my OU buddy mad. Do not do this.

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
You would be mistaking Sooner fans if you go by internet posters. My dad taught me that humility isn't a trait that most programs will ever have. Sooner fans got spoiled in the 70's, things turned as they always do. Don't allow that to happen here.
I can't go with the idea Tua would have made the outcome any different if he had been playing for the Sooners. A backup QB wouldn't have been in the game!
Gonna be a barn burner against Clemson.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I only have to deal with Ole Miss, auburn, Vanderbilt, UGA, and UT fans, so my interactions with other fans have been relatively short and to the point. When they feel the need to trash talk I ignore them, shrug my shoulders and let it go. One rule in life I have always subscribed to and it also applies to obnoxious fanbases is simply "you cannot deal with crazy people so don't waste your time".

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
You would be mistaking Sooner fans if you go by internet posters. My dad taught me that humility isn't a trait that most programs will ever have. Sooner fans got spoiled in the 70's, things turned as they always do. Don't allow that to happen here.
I can't go with the idea Tua would have made the outcome any different if he had been playing for the Sooners. A backup QB wouldn't have been in the game!
Bwahahaha!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Not sure I've lost respect for a fan base faster than I have with OU. I appreciate the few respectful and knowledgeable OU friends we have on this board but there's several IRL and all over the internet that have made fools of themselves over the past month.

Their coach claiming that after going down 28-0 "we dominated the game from then on" is about as dumb and classless of a statement one could make. The sad part is he doesn't even know he was thoroughly out-coached..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Assume you mean that Tua would have been hit more often by Alabama's defense, and less likely to finish the game? Not sure if that is a compliment to Alabama's defense or not, but I'll take it that way.

:cheers2:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think we read the same board. It was a good laugh when I read the "taking the knee our of fear". I'm glad I don't have any OU buddies to make mad!
And yet if we’d have scored they would see we were trying to run it up so the final score “wouldn’t show how close it really was...” Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
The big difference was in 03-04 Oklahoma was the top dog whereas now we are. Oklahoma fans want us to admit they kicked the crap out of us, but they feel cheated when we say “ yeah, but who cares?”.
It was a long drive out there to probably the hottest game I’ve ever attended. Thought I had died 3x from dehydration ;)

The all-through-the-night drive back home was even longer. Folks were nice out there. And, true, I don’t care about the outcomes anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think this conjugates to the following:

The cube root of orange is lamp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think he's saying that 1) The Bama job is not an automatic winner and 2) if it were, Stoops would have been smart enough to jump for it. (He was felt out, BTW...)

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Up to you, but I quit even reading their boards, let alone discussing it in person. I shut the most immature of their boards down when I read a post to the effect that we took a knee out of fear they might get a turnover and score. That was a little too much delusion, following a earlier flood...
Perhaps OU are not aware of the concept of showing class to a beaten foe by taking a knee -- possibly not considering all the questionable tactics employed by their players.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Its been a long day and maybe I’m mentally dulled from doing nothing all day, but there’s some hard-to-follow logic in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
At the game I sat close to about 10-15 around me ( got into the corporate section on the Alabama sideline). About 4 of them were good fans. The others were big buttholes. Before the game I was yelled at by one that said “ When we whoop yalls ass this time will it matter?” They were quiet when we went on the 28 point run but got very mouthy up until we scores 38 in which most of them left.

They aren’t as bad as Nebraska or Texas but they aren’t as classy as aTm or Mizzou like they try to portray themselves.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Perhaps OU are not aware of the concept of showing class to a beaten foe by taking a knee -- possibly not considering all the questionable tactics employed by their players.
Oh, they know, all right. It just doesn't fit their storyline of what happened in the game, complete domination, except for a little hiccup at the beginning...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Assume you mean that Tua would have been hit more often by Alabama's defense, and less likely to finish the game? Not sure if that is a compliment to Alabama's defense or not, but I'll take it that way.

:cheers2:
I was thinking he meant it would not have made a difference because WE would not have had a backup in the game. We would have a starter quality QB: Jalen Hurts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.