ND vs. Clemson closer than seemed and OK vs. Bama not

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I read that and really don't like the way that he breaks down games. ND was dominated for 3 quarters. I don't care what the stats looked like. They were owned.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
yeah, I'm not too sure about digesting this. however, I didn't get to watch the whole game. Just bits and pieces of the Clemson game. The parts I watched it didn't look as if ND played that poorly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ClemsonFan89

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2017
Aiken SC
I’ll keep saying this. ND had chances all game. Clemson wasn’t blowing the doors off anything.
ND had chances to turn the game around and couldn't. That's what football is about. If the score is 30 to 3 then it's just that a blowout. Clemson was playing their second string in the 4th as well. If they wanted they could have run the score up.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Clemson had twice as many yards.

In fact, they had twice as many passing and way more than twice as many running.

They had 9 more first downs.

They held the ball nearly six minutes longer.

But hey, Notre Dame almost won in the minds of a delusional Alabama writer trying to justify what will no doubt be his pick of a Bama rout over Clemson because "they didn't really whip Notre Dame" coupled with "Notre Dame wasn't all that good anyway."

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I don’t know how anyone could watch that game and walk away from it and think anything other than Clemson dominated ND.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I don’t know how anyone could watch that game and walk away from it and think anything other than Clemson dominated ND.
Notre dame did blow some chances to make the game more interesting. But that's as far as I can go. I am not a big believer in going"well if these 7 thing had gone differently it would have been a totally different outcome"

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Don't know if this has been posted. couldn't find it so I'm posting.
https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/1...lly-was-right-its-a-lot-closer-than-it-seemed

this article is EVIDENCE that people can certainly see what they want to see...Clemson kept in vanilla...called dogs off in 4th...knew they had it won...i'm just glad CNS won't read nor believe this article LOL...keep on thinking we gonna stomp CU...this will be a GAME! #RTR
Certainly true. Reading the OU boards after the game bolsters that. Their comeback would have beaten us, given a little more time. Meanwhile, the rest of college fandom + the media thought they never had a chance and that Bama was basically toying with them...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
After reading some of this article it is apparent that the writer is paid by the word and gets extra pay for his charts and graphs. Yes, in the first half ND had their chances but failed to capitalize because of errors which were both non-forced and forced, that is part of the game. The second half was pretty much all Clemson and, yes they could have scored at least another 10-14 points. Clemson was bigger, stronger and a hell of a lot faster than ND, they had better athletes and better coaching. Don't know when, or if, the sports media will admit that ND was overrated and did not deserve to be in the playoff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.