Question: Question: if you could add one rule to better CFB or create more competition...

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Question: if you could add on rule to better College Football or create more comp

How about the refs enforce the present rules correctly? That would help.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Question: if you could add on rule to better College Football or create more comp

Oh that they had called this correctly in our games this year.

Iknow, I know. Refs are infallible and fans are biased.
Every time Indy posts, he makes officials (and himself) sound worse and worse. If that rule is on the books then the officials are choosing to ignore it because I have never seen that called in college football. I see it called every week in the NFL. Tua's knees were targeted in several games this year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I would institute a penalty called holding, and not allow offensive linemen to simply tackle defensive linemen.
That's just silly talk.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I would also make targeting an Intent penalty. Meaning if you lead with your helmet, the intent is still targeting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Cut blocks need to be 100% illegal.

I’m so sick and tired of hearing the NCAA talk about player safety but continue to refuse to address this issue. I dare say that cut blocks have ended more football careers than concussions, but the NCAA doesn’t see it as a safety issue. Way too much emphasis is being waste on this targeting rule and not enough is being spent on protecting player’s knees.

Teams like GT, and that one we played, will just have to learn to play clean.

I think the NCAA should hire full time officials for all of college football and take it out of the hands of each conference.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
Cut blocks need to be 100% illegal.

I’m so sick and tired of hearing the NCAA talk about player safety but continue to refuse to address this issue. I dare say that cut blocks have ended more football careers than concussions, but the NCAA doesn’t see it as a safety issue. Way too much emphasis is being waste on this targeting rule and not enough is being spent on protecting player’s knees.

Teams like GT, and that one we played, will just have to learn to play clean.
M

I think the NCAA should hire full time officials for all of college football and take it out of the hands of each conference.
Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Remove the facemasks on helmets. I believe many of the experts who say it will both minimize (or eliminate) targeting and also prove who the tough guys really are. Whether they do this or not (they won't), the targeting rule must be fixed. At this point, I don't think refs, coaches, players, or fans have any idea what targeting really is, how to call it, how to review it, or how to enforce it. As much as the intent behind the rule is great (protect the players' futures), the execution had been a disaster.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.